PDA

View Full Version : Loads of spam members

NathanSRi
06-04-09, 08:26 PM
Just clicked on members list and theres loads with ! at the beginning and end of there name.

Spammers?

Lee
06-04-09, 09:49 PM
Yep, and they would all be posting links if we didnt have the 15 posts before links rule.

Its annoying but it works.

~~joycey~~
06-04-09, 10:17 PM
I also noticed this earlyer lol

dj_wudgey
07-04-09, 01:22 AM
how the fook they get enjoyment from spamming though god knows lol

Jack
07-04-09, 07:34 AM
Because they get paid for it.

They're made up of either robots/scripts or chinese. They have rooms full of them who spend their entire day spamming the internet such as this. For them, its the only way they have to earn a living.

Most of them we catch first, but some slip through the net. The url-15 post ban thing doesn't always get them all either as we still get them come on posting really random messages, as if they were legit new members.

"!" or any other special character on a username doesn't always identify a spam user either, some people are just retarded when it comes to display names lol

ade
07-04-09, 09:28 AM
they do say 98% of the internet is spam.

lol at blaming the chinese! Theyre the new russia!

Jack
07-04-09, 10:10 AM
Its true though, they have rooms full of people who sit there all day generating spam.

I was amused the other day when I think it was the BBC who said something like 95% or something of "the Internet" is made up of "spam emails". Er, emails are not the Internet. lol

As for China being the new Russia.. well the "Western world" needs an evil commie superpower to be afraid of since the good ol' USSR fell apart. Only difference is they never had the cunning idea of fuelling their regime by selling us cheap christmas crackers and other small plastic toys lol

dj_wudgey
07-04-09, 03:39 PM
sounds like a good job NOT lol

mayhem
07-04-09, 04:31 PM
sounds like a good job NOT lol

those guys will never be made redundant thoughlol :D

dj_wudgey
07-04-09, 04:33 PM
well yea i never looked at it that way but on the other hand i probrably get more on the dole!! lol