PDA

View Full Version : getting a few extra bhp fom a 1 litre

dtm
16-01-03, 01:43 PM
lads,
anyway in getting a few extra ponies from a 1 litre?
dont have the dough for insurance

i own another another 1.2 engine will any parts fit from it?

cheers

neiloakley
16-01-03, 02:53 PM
no. The two engines are totally different and no parts are interchangable. The one litre os OHV and the 1.2 is OHC. Bit of a lost cause really

dtm
16-01-03, 07:17 PM
sorry i forgot to say its a 1.2 engine from an old astra ( 1980 - 87 ish not a OHC) you know the ones!
will any parts fit?

Dicko
16-01-03, 08:54 PM
make sure the tappets are set properly and the timing is right. get some new plugs/leads/dizzycap and a new air filter. get the dizzy timing done at a garage. thats about it really :s

mikeoxford
16-01-03, 10:50 PM
maybe PM micky as he tuned a 1litre to the max before it went bang!

Dicko
16-01-03, 11:09 PM
likes hes gonna do that now uv told him it went bang haha

kingrob
16-01-03, 11:29 PM
I also wanna add a few bhp to my 1L mate just theres nothing u can do really. I've just done little things taking out the spare wheel etc. aint much else u can do apart from getting rid of some weight.

Aragorn
17-01-03, 12:08 PM
take the carb off the 1.2 astra lump and use that

u can get the head skimmed n stuff to up the compression a bit if u want to

also u could add a backbox which might unlash another few horses

neiloakley
17-01-03, 12:31 PM
unlash another few horses

ANOTHER FEW HORSES? The engine only had a few to start with!!!! lol

Aragorn
17-01-03, 01:53 PM
hey no need to be like that

im just trying to help the bloke

mikey owens 1.0 had a skimmed ported and polished head and a ported inlet manifold it had the astra 1.2 carb on it too

according to his feature it liked to snap timing chains and would pull all the way to 7k (no wonder it was snapping timing chains then eh? :D )

RobHardyUK
19-01-03, 06:53 PM
I wouldnt bother modding the engine.... being how small it is, itll just make it troublesome... like some ppl have sed, maybe remove some weight. or even uprate the shocks, so that way you'll leave your mates on corners!!!!!!! that anny em rotten :evil: lol :lol:

rob.slader
19-01-03, 10:16 PM
NOS on a 1ltr!!?? :microwav:

neiloakley
20-01-03, 08:06 AM
tick tick tick BOOM!

dtm
20-01-03, 05:22 PM
will the carb just swap over n do i have to change anythin else?
any noticible gains after fitting?

thanx again

burgessovsalford
21-01-03, 03:27 PM
Put a bolt on K&N, & an exhaust. Wont give u much power, but will make ur car sound like it has power!!! :lol:

NOVADOSE16
23-01-03, 12:08 AM
I've got a 1 litre engine in mine 8) and i've got a Peco Exhaust system with a Cherry bomb backbox on the back, Sounds like a subaru impreza( doesn't move like one but hey can't have everything :D ). It does go faster than standard 1 litres though.

I've also made my own induction kit out of a long pipe and the air Induction carb pipe off some crappy volvo na d a RAID Cone filter on the end, Looks allot better than them crappy Bolt on jobbies. And sounds gud aswell. And i've also got a cold air feed in my grill that goes straight to the filter.

DAN