PDA

View Full Version : ~Lights

MyNovaSr
06-04-09, 12:14 PM
My headlights, STILL, dont point where I want.

They have the auto adjusters on which i've turned right back, also turned the other adjuster as forward as it goes and the lights are still high.

Ideas, Would it help to throw these away and get new ones :confused: .

They also only have one clip which moves about a bit.

Jack
06-04-09, 12:30 PM
They also only have one clip which moves about a bit.
New clips then perhaps..? :D

I had one lamp that was held in with blue tac on my old hatch lol

[edit] ...I'm assuming the adjusters are actually moving the beam? They've not just got rusty and spinning round doing nothing?

MyNovaSr
06-04-09, 10:16 PM
New clips then perhaps..? :D

I had one lamp that was held in with blue tac on my old hatch lol

[edit] ...I'm assuming the adjusters are actually moving the beam? They've not just got rusty and spinning round doing nothing?

The adjusters are moving the beam but I can't get the beam low enough. Anyone had this issue?

Spudly
06-04-09, 10:52 PM
There is a knob on the rear of the adjuster motor, turning this can raise or lower the beam height regardless of the motors position, set them up high and adjust in down with this adjuster, that way if theyre still too high you can flick em down still more on the motors:thumb:

Welshy
07-04-09, 01:02 AM
are the lights sat in the plastic holders behind them???
thats what was wrong with mine

nacho mcnova
07-04-09, 08:27 AM
i bought a brand new headlight and it doesnt moove at all tryed buying a new motor and everything but nuthin seems to work. still trying to figure it out. if i manage to crack it il let you know bud.

Jack
07-04-09, 08:39 AM
There is a knob on the rear of the adjuster motor, turning this can raise or lower the beam height regardless of the motors position, set them up high and adjust in down with this adjuster, that way if theyre still too high you can flick em down still more on the motors:thumb:
In terms of MOT, the motors should be set to the 0 position when the level is checked, so if this is too high it will fail an MOT. Although thats a good temporary fix.

How high is the beam? If you park it a few metres away from a wall on flat ground, the top of the main blob of light should be around the same height as the centreline of the lamp itself. I usually measure it with my knees lol

If the clips are in the right place, the lamps securely fixed in them, and adjusters are working Ok, I would think that points at either a bent front panel, or wonky reflector.

let_nova
07-04-09, 10:46 AM
put higher back springs in. lol

16v Nova Kev
07-04-09, 10:56 AM
move the screw holes that fix the head light to the slam pannel that will make the lights point down a pit more

MyNovaSr
07-04-09, 09:00 PM
In terms of MOT, the motors should be set to the 0 position when the level is checked, so if this is too high it will fail an MOT. Although thats a good temporary fix.

How high is the beam? If you park it a few metres away from a wall on flat ground, the top of the main blob of light should be around the same height as the centreline of the lamp itself. I usually measure it with my knees lol

If the clips are in the right place, the lamps securely fixed in them, and adjusters are working Ok, I would think that points at either a bent front panel, or wonky reflector.

I took the left one out and played with it and got the top as far forward as I could and it's about where you say but I still seem to be shining in peoples back windows. They do jiggle about abit because the clip moves but not much. Got M.O.T due (NOW) and it's pizzing me off :tard: .

oh well.

mowgli
07-04-09, 11:28 PM
put something heavy in the passenger seat to lower the front.....