PDA

View Full Version : Fitting speedlines??

gtachorley
06-04-09, 02:25 AM
I bought a set of Alessio Speedlines and was told they need pretty much no mods??

Doesnt seem so!!
A. Fronts fit fine but the rear needs the arch grinding away quite a bit and still catches on bumps.

B. Not sure if it just needs tracking and balancing but seems to pull to the right a tiny bit and seems bumpy if that makes sense (could this just be tracking and balance) and batters the suspension at bit!!

Any ideas or peoples experience of this ??

xe Dan
06-04-09, 08:22 AM
bigger wheels do tend to make the ride more bumpy but if you mean vibration through the steering wheel a speed that will be balancing and ur pull to the rite will be tracking.
wot size tyres are you runnin as ive got speed lines with a 90mm rear drop and it doesnt scrub even with a full car

sport
06-04-09, 10:07 AM
What size tyres?

gtachorley
07-04-09, 03:28 AM
Will check tomorrow what should they be??

Sorry to sound dense never really got the whole tire / number system lol

Stanley
07-04-09, 07:07 AM
Hmm seems you have an odd tyre size.

Quote us all the numbers off the side of the tyre and we'l see whats up. Should look like 205/45/R16 or similar.

sport
07-04-09, 11:13 AM
Will check tomorrow what should they be??

Sorry to sound dense never really got the whole tire / number system lol

You should have 195x45x16 or 195x40x16 if you have a higher number there to big. Hope this helps.

craig green
07-04-09, 11:56 AM
Alessio's should fit a mk2 fine in my experience, however they can catch on 16v front calipers & a small bit of the caliper may need grinding off so they dont goudge the wheel centres (most likely with new pads).

The rear arches may catch slightly on a mk1 as the arch lip is a bit thicker, but as Novas have a generous tolerance with the rear beams, it can vary from car to car. Generally Speedlines go on with no major clearance issues, unlike a typical off the shelf aftermarket wheel with the wrong offset.

welshman
07-04-09, 12:09 PM
they are 195/45/16

gtachorley
07-04-09, 12:56 PM
Yeah like the man says 195/45/16 so should be no probs will have another go at sorting it today

gtachorley
07-04-09, 02:15 PM
Just took the rear wheels off and they are catching on the inner arch as well cannot understand they should fit.

Dont wanna grind off all the lip or roll it up and ruin the paint.

I despare!!:confused:

MattBrown
07-04-09, 02:23 PM
Can you not "Bend" The lip up?

Extremely gently, and obvsioulsy but a rag over it to try and protect the paint, also, warm with hairdryer to make the paint flex not crack :thumb:

Stanley
07-04-09, 05:45 PM
How low is you Nova??

gtachorley
07-04-09, 07:03 PM
Sorted now just changed the rear springs for a diffrent set up I had and used some adjusters fits and rides a dream :)

Just need to track and balance tomorrow

welshman
08-04-09, 05:04 PM
Glad you got em sorted mate :thumb:

sparkie1401
08-04-09, 05:58 PM
Alessio's should fit a mk2 fine in my experience, however they can catch on 16v front calipers & a small bit of the caliper may need grinding off so they dont goudge the wheel centres (most likely with new pads).

The rear arches may catch slightly on a mk1 as the arch lip is a bit thicker, but as Novas have a generous tolerance with the rear beams, it can vary from car to car. Generally Speedlines go on with no major clearance issues, unlike a typical off the shelf aftermarket wheel with the wrong offset.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

im running V6 brakes, they dont apper to be catching my rims(speedlines alessio 2)

nor catching anywhere else on the car? lowered 30 mm but arch lips have been modified so most wheels should be ok on mine?