PDA

View Full Version : Veccys mot today

Ernie
05-04-09, 05:19 PM
Well it failed on a few things.
Front ns spring snapped
ns rear calliper sticking abit
now if it was just those two i woudnt of mind.
I didnt think anybody could be this picky.
front and rear number plate because the R is not complete
passenger and centre seat belt not able to be tested. There was a blanket on the back seat for the dog)
How do some people sleep.

BIGS
05-04-09, 05:21 PM
Omg that really is very patetic. He must have a very sad and lonely life

chimp007_uk
05-04-09, 05:22 PM
passenger and centre seat belt not able to be tested. There was a blanket on the back seat for the dog)

The brilliance of it lol I thought the number plate bit was a tad anal, but thats awesome lol

novait
05-04-09, 05:28 PM
that is a bit out of order..

MK999
05-04-09, 05:28 PM
He's not paid to move blankets ya know lol

Saloony
05-04-09, 05:30 PM
The mans a legend, i must meet him, get some tips.

Ernie
05-04-09, 05:31 PM
he could of asked as i would of moved it.

Spudly
05-04-09, 05:31 PM
Oh hai i are pedantic mofo lol

Such a dick i hope you said "here, have one of these"...............

SLAP:thumb:

Asa-James
05-04-09, 05:33 PM
How do some people sleep.

horlicks:D

Nova_Tek
05-04-09, 05:38 PM
Sounds as though the last 2 problems are his problems tbh. He could have asked for you to remove the blanket ffs. The number plate sounds a bit wierd unless half the R is missing lol but I doubt that.

Some testers are just on a power trip tbh.

My MOT tester during my Nova's test said 'Fog light Wrong Colour' (baring in mind that I have original light clusters in mint condition and standard lightbulb'

I asked him what colour it should be?

He didnt say anything lol I told him that if there's a problem with it for him to take it up with Vauxhall lol

Life must be tedious for them so they probably invent pedantic reasons to challenge themselves lol

Ernie
05-04-09, 05:43 PM
This is from my front plate.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/vectra/DSC00628-1.jpg
They have been on there for ages and never been stopped.

Saloony
05-04-09, 05:53 PM
This is from my front plate.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/vectra/DSC00628-1.jpg
They have been on there for ages and never been stopped.

I would of put some black marker on it just to piss him off

AlexW
05-04-09, 05:57 PM
I would have put some insulation tape on it. Then get him to remove it from the list while you was there lol.

That is taking the piss tho dude.

General Baxter
05-04-09, 06:07 PM
could be something todo with, making him do an mot on a sunday lol

L14MNP
05-04-09, 06:07 PM
Unreal. I can (from a legal point of view) almost understand where he's coming from with regards to the number plates though, non standard font and on a pressed plate?

I would have thought he could knock it back just for having the wrong font, assuming the rest is ok, refelctive background etc.

As for the blanket, FFS! It sounds like you were waiting at the test station whilst it was done dude? I cannot believe that he never moved it himself or at least asked you! How did he look you in the eye? lol

On the plus side, for a 97/98 (I assume) car the rest must be in very good shape, if the guy is that picky lol

Reminds me of a tester I used once, opening and closing the rear doors about half a dozen times and the most through going over I've ever known. Was expecting ti to fail spectacularly as I had just bought it to sell on and checked the basics before taking it down. It passed though :)

Pistol Pete
05-04-09, 10:31 PM
Sounds abit excessive TBH. Freindly MOT tester FTW mate...just for future reference!

Ernie
05-04-09, 10:42 PM
Ive got the calliper sorted as it was a sticky piston which ive free'd off.I still need to get a coil spring for the front and fit the old plates back on.
All thats left to do then is the mamouth task of lifting up the dogs blanket (as it seams the fat over weight un interested in working on a sunday)
tester didnt want to work of any of his fat **** lifting it.

Rich
05-04-09, 11:16 PM
lol

Hes not actually allowed to remove the blanket if hes going by the MOT rules! though he is being pretty pathetic lol

Same as putting duck tape over rusty arches, the tester is not allowed to look under the tape etc

MK999
05-04-09, 11:17 PM
I'd call in some help for the blanket, I hear they're pretty tough to shift lol

Benn
05-04-09, 11:27 PM
But if he moves the blanket, then he can move the boot carpet, which means he could failthe spare wheel... Then everyone would moan.

Yes its a tiny ott thing, but i bet it stops people moaning like funk at him.
Some people are way over boad about what a tester or mech or pannel beater/stripper and fitter will move.

I got told off at the bodyshop by a customer cause i had hooverd the car and put all their crap in to the boot, insted of on the floor.

muzzy
05-04-09, 11:33 PM
We used to put down an advisory if there was a baby seat or booster seat in the car as we were not allowed to remove them to test the seat belt but we would never have failed them for it and if there was a blanket we would have moved it to check the belts!

Ernie
07-04-09, 06:00 PM
so the spring turned up today.
Half hr later all off and ready to go back on.
I then changed the plates back to the old ones and then the mamoth task of taking the blanket off the back seat.
I free'd the sticky calliper off on sunday and still seams ok.
Its now all ready for its retest tomorrow

mikey14sr
07-04-09, 06:17 PM
Good luck fella, my veccy failed yesterday on a few daft points, like the headlight aim being way off when thay have'nt been touched since last year (apart from washing the lenses), the two "kinked" brake pipes which again, haven't been touched since the last test, a flexi hose because one of the ferrules on it was a bit rusty, but I'll let them off with the bushes that finally failed after previously had advisories for the last 4 years.

Luckily I only got an advisory for a rusty fuel tank, if it'd been more than a 1/4 full they'd have failed it as that's when it pours fuel out onto the exhaust, gonna have to fit the new one I bought last october sometime this year I think!

Ernie
07-04-09, 06:21 PM
never mind.
Its only a fuel leak lol.

mikey14sr
07-04-09, 07:16 PM
true, but it's a £10 a night leak if I fill it to the top, lol.

Ernie
07-04-09, 08:06 PM
simple.
Dont fill it all the way up lol.

Spudly
07-04-09, 11:09 PM
He doesnt chris, motorway journeys are a PIA with about six stops per 100 miles lol

Stuart
07-04-09, 11:14 PM
the VX has an uber crack in the windscreen, it failed the MOT for it... so I got the shorter original wiper out of the boot, put that on the wiper arm and it missed the crack.... downgraded from fail to advisory FTW :D

Spudly
07-04-09, 11:30 PM
Haha, thats class:thumb:

My mate did a similar one on an old sierra he had, big crack running along the bottom of the screen, he fitted a sunstrip alont the bottom to cover it and it was mainly hidden by the dash so it passed mot afterwards lol

Andy_L
08-04-09, 01:13 PM
Some people are just tools.

A friend had an advisory for having no rear seats.

scott.parker
08-04-09, 01:23 PM
My passat failed last Tuesday, just a bottom ball joint on N/S (i had just fitted a CV boot and new front tires though) oh and he pointed out to me at some point some one has fitted an anti roll link from the O/S to the N/S so it's upside down! i said WTF? he said we'll pass it as it's OK and it works but other places might not.

So onto the nova's mot soon..

Scott