PDA

View Full Version : more digidash probs

jim sri
15-01-03, 11:56 PM
seen other peeps posts, but this one bit fcuked up:
the rev meter 'used' to work fine, but just recently instead of only the bits that are 'revving' being lit up, the whole rev bar is lit and then 'unlights'(?) to show the 'revving'.
bit hard to explain in text, but basically its working the opposite way round to what it should.
could this be related to my post regardin a bad earth?!? :x

mikeoxford
16-01-03, 01:27 AM
:lol: thats a new one!

sorry im of not much help but it DEFINTLEY sound slike you need to check your wiring out :?

neiloakley
16-01-03, 08:23 AM
take out the clocks and wire it in again using solder, flux and heat shrink. Use a good guide aswell.

mikeoxford
16-01-03, 08:33 AM
im gonna do this to mine -0 better be safe than sorry, its coming out this weekend

jim sri
16-01-03, 11:16 AM
i will re-check everythin, but as said it has been in there for about 7 months no probs, startd playin up&the other day it went bak to normal for about 10 mins, then went tits up again!
will check wiring again to check no wires severed etc.

mikeoxford
16-01-03, 12:00 PM
may just be a short or something

check when you have pushed the dash back in place its not rubbing on them two bars that support the steering column - mine have two rubber strips down em (one either side) but not all of em do

neiloakley
16-01-03, 12:01 PM
thats what ahppened to mine. I just scrapped the car and ripped it out. (it was time for a change anyway)

jim sri
16-01-03, 04:20 PM
just as a thought, i whacked the cowling with my hand a few times from above, and now the dash works again now!but unfortunately it hasnt solved my indicator problem!grrr

neiloakley
16-01-03, 04:22 PM
totally pointless but this is my 400th post!!! Drink anyone? :lol: