PDA

View Full Version : how much for a 1.3 engine 36k ??

Huffy
05-04-09, 10:21 AM
Hello im going to take the engine outta my nova and put it up for sale not sure how much to ask for it tho if any ones sold one before and can point me in the right direction that would be sound. the engine has 36k on it mots to prove cheers andy :thumb:

ive only asked on here because i dont no if these are sort after engines and go for good money ?? its not forsale at the min as its still in the car :thumb:

dj_wudgey
05-04-09, 10:55 AM
probrabley not that much £90 £100 at the most id have thought!!

mowgli
05-04-09, 11:37 AM
stick it on eBay, there are plenty of people who want to buy 1300 engines for various racing categories..

dj_wudgey
05-04-09, 11:38 AM
stick it on eBay, there are plenty of people who want to buy 1300 engines for various racing categories..

yea i never thought off that mowgli lol

let_nova
05-04-09, 11:40 AM
are these threads not forbid?

mowgli
05-04-09, 11:41 AM
yea i never thought off that mowgli lol

well, as it is, he is about to get banned for a for sale fishing thread, so at least he'll get top dollar for it & have somewhere to go on the net for a week

dj_wudgey
05-04-09, 11:41 AM
are these threads not forbid?

well if admin see it that he's trying to sell it most probrably yes lol

let_nova
05-04-09, 11:45 AM
well, as it is, he is about to get banned for a for sale fishing thread, so at least he'll get top dollar for it & have somewhere to go on the net for a week

lol

Spudly
05-04-09, 11:46 AM
50p and a half chewed mars bar lol

Thing with trying to sell an engine is that unless you know the buyer then you have no way of proving condition/history and all that lot.

And if its already out of the car you cant even prove its a runner so its not worth anything more than about £40-£50 if that but if its in the car still and can be seen and heard running then possibly up to about £100 or so!

But as mentioned above, "whats it worth" threads are not allowed so have a nosey through for sale section and eghey to get an idea of what you think its worth then list it for that!

dj_wudgey
05-04-09, 11:49 AM
spud's right mate!! unless it can be seen running it may not be so easy to sell!!

draper
05-04-09, 12:10 PM
^^ not entirelt true if your selling to the racing boys, theyd rather have the head stripped off than see an engine running

bant it on ebay fella, or strip it and sell the parts - a twin choke pierburg went for 60quid last week on the bay !!!

Huffy
05-04-09, 01:23 PM
ok thanks for the advice i wasnt aware that asking for advice was banned if it seems like a forsale add (which it isnt) then can admin please take it off cheers anyway for the feed back sorry about the thread !!!

ade
05-04-09, 11:01 PM
its not so much asking for advice but we find that threads with a "wots it worth?" base tend to generate stupid/unhelpful/repetative answers and peiople get fed up of them.

the classic is "wots my car worth" - just gets peoples backs up.

Oh - and if you were closer to me I'd bite your hand off for a 1.3sr engine!

daverobson
23-04-09, 03:53 PM
still got it? can offer you a 100quid for the lot minifolds and every thing on it?

Spudly
23-04-09, 05:23 PM
In future use the private messaging function in cases like this please!