PDA

View Full Version : Clutch help quickly please, c20let/xe

gunny
04-04-09, 11:10 PM
Right, im having a custom fly made for my vxr, im using f28 gearbox, so by saying to the guy i want an f28 fly to fit a vxr he's going to make me a pot type fly, what kind of mash up clutch kit do i need if i want a flat type fly

R1CH
05-04-09, 01:09 AM
Take it your getting a flywheel made to accept a std LET clutch ?
You'd be as well to stick with the POT type fitment, theres loads of off the shelf clutchs to fit straight on, if you go with a FLAT fitment then you need mix and match between a XE (flat type) cover plate and an F28 friction plate, not many options available if you go down that route, always here of folk (inc myself) having probs with clutchs when running a flat flywheel with an F28.
If your getting a flywheel custom made then get them to make it similar to the aftermarket billet POT flywheels, that have most of the 'pot' part machined away, so there not that much heavier than a flat flywheel.

gunny
05-04-09, 01:13 AM
Already placed the order for a flat type billet lightened one now. I spoke to a friend after i posted this who is running a flat type fly and f28 on his corsa LET, he said when i order a clutch i need to specify that i want the clutch kit with the 1mm drop not the 4/5mm drop. This is what he and a couple of my other friends have used and afaik none of them have had clutch issues.