PDA

View Full Version : big end bearings

*Dave*
03-04-09, 08:34 PM
where can i get some heavy duty big end bearings for my c20xe?

and how much do they cost?

cheers:thumb:

mowgli
03-04-09, 09:58 PM
try an engine reconditioner. or sbd or qed

MK999
03-04-09, 11:04 PM
Pretty sure I found a post on this on migweb, SBD's are a certain brand with a 100% markup or something silly iirc, there was also one mentioned that was a particularly crappy make but expensive... probably worth searching on there, was a little while ago I found it so I might be way out

dumpycorsa
04-04-09, 12:00 AM
I've used ACL duraglides in my xe. I bought big ends and mains cost me £110 from a local engine builder.There are some shops on Ebay selling ACL bearings if you get stuck. I asked about going to their race spec bearings and he said for my application the heavy duty duraglides would be fine. I'm looking to run upto 230bhpish and using the car for road and track.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd90/dumpydave/002-8.jpg

philip
04-04-09, 08:25 AM
the duraglide 780s are more than able to handle high powered xe's and LETs.

£110 does seem very steep though. sure i didnt pay more than £70 or £80 for big/mains!!

could also use gylco bearings.

try 'king components' do search on net for them.

or go on mig and pm steveboyslim.

dumpycorsa
05-04-09, 01:41 AM
£110 does seem very steep though. sure i didnt pay more than £70 or £80 for big/mains!!

I thought it was a little pricey but then when they're sat in front of you and you dont need to sort postage etc it's not drastic

Stuart
05-04-09, 08:45 AM
for a non contact bearing, I cant see the point in hosing a shed load of money up the wall on them... aslong as they have lead in them then they be good :D

dumpycorsa
06-04-09, 01:12 AM
for a non contact bearing, I cant see the point in hosing a shed load of money up the wall on them... aslong as they have lead in them then they be good :D

For me it's piece of mind more than anything. I would hate to see 4k of my engine go bang because I cut corners for a cheaper option to save a few quid