PDA

View Full Version : *Cavalier* Fitting SRi Skirts to non-SRi

Stanley
03-04-09, 07:08 AM
Long shot i know, but i figured there are a few Cavalier owners on here from past and present..... Anyhooooooo.

Ive just purchased some facelift SRi skirts, which i intend on fitting to my GLS.

They have end caps, jack point covers and all the clips too. They are even the correct colour!

My only concern is fitting them.... As mine isnt an SRi, it doesnt have the 'lugs' for clipping the clips onto.

Has anyone been in the same boat?

Cheers folks

rednova
04-04-09, 12:01 AM
ive done this on mine all i did was to put paint (brush on stuff) on the back of the skirt where they clip in - then with this still wet offer the skirt up - then remove - the paint will have left lots of pairs of lines! use these lines to locate where your clips go - drill through and screw in place jons a goodun

hth

Phil

Christ
04-04-09, 12:15 AM
cant you just use gripfill or tigerseal or some **** to save putting self tappers in

rednova
04-04-09, 03:46 PM
cant you just use gripfill or tigerseal or some **** to save putting self tappers in

you can do but that creates a water trap ive seen people stick them on with no problems but i prefered screws for peace of mind:thumb: