PDA

View Full Version : sr vinyl

gordo
02-04-09, 09:35 PM
hi folks i am doing a doing a full rebuild on a sr. but does any one know if you can still buy the grey vinyl for below the mouldings and the ones for on the b pillars?

thanks

Pistol Pete
02-04-09, 09:37 PM
Yes you can. Shame you're not a member though, because you can buy it the club shop. Get that £10 out...could be money well spent!

NathanSRi
02-04-09, 09:38 PM
But the ones in the club shop are matt black arent they?

bmw156
02-04-09, 09:39 PM
yeh as said above, you can get them off here in the club shop. but you cant get them from vauxhall any more

the ones on here are a close match but i believe they are smooth

Pistol Pete
02-04-09, 09:41 PM
I think whoever sorted out the black stuff (ade IIRC?) they are looking into getting the original blue/grey stuff aswell.

dj_wudgey
02-04-09, 09:41 PM
ade is trying to get a blue/grey set for later sr's done but he doe's not know if he'll be able to get an exact match or the same texture hopefully he will come up trumps though lol

edit pete you beat me lol

gordo
02-04-09, 09:42 PM
cool do you know how much they are? i am rebuilding the car for a friend but may consider joining.

Pistol Pete
02-04-09, 09:43 PM
Full set is £166.

Rear 1/4 and sill £27.50 per side
Wing part £16.50 per side
Door vinyl £27 per side
B pillar set £34

In the set you get all the above plus bonnet badge and top boot trim.

dj_wudgey
02-04-09, 09:44 PM
which is not bad at all!!

AlexW
02-04-09, 09:54 PM
And that is matt black (which IMO looks better) and still has the texture iirc.

dj_wudgey
02-04-09, 09:56 PM
you got any pictures off the car your rebuilding mate??

gordo
02-04-09, 10:01 PM
its the grey ones i am after too.

dj_wudgey
02-04-09, 10:05 PM
well matey you'll have to wait and see how good the grey kits will be like quite afew off us lol

gordo
02-04-09, 10:07 PM
yeah still to upload them to the computer. been thinking of starting a project thread. it was a great car with thousands spent on it. my best mate originally built it years ago. but he died 2 years ago so i wanted to get the car to put back to the way he had it.

dj_wudgey
02-04-09, 10:09 PM
i can understand matey well good luck with it any way!! but yea get a thread made mate let us lot have a gander at it lol

gordo
02-04-09, 10:10 PM
well matey you'll have to wait and see how good the grey kits will be like quite afew off us lol

thats not a problem got a load of welding to do and a full respray. also to rebuild the engine and get the carbs set up.

gordo
02-04-09, 10:11 PM
i can understand matey well good luck with it any way!! but yea get a thread made mate let us lot have a gander at it lol

will do tomorrow night hopefully

dj_wudgey
02-04-09, 10:11 PM
sounds good matey but yea go get a project thread made up lol

dj_wudgey
02-04-09, 10:12 PM
will do tomorrow night hopefully

nice :thumb: well ill look forward to that tomorow then lol

ade
02-04-09, 10:16 PM
The vinyl in the shop is made from long life matt black - it's smooth which tbh is better because its easier to clean.

I spoke to the vinyl company that are doing the sr vinyl for me and you cannot get original blue grey vinyl anywhere. Vauxhall dont stock it and 3M stopped making it 15 yrs ago! We're looking into getting a custom roll of blue grey made up specifically for the club but it comes in 50mtr rolls minimum and as you can imagine it's not cheap!

the printed stuff - incase anyones wondering - isnt properly matt and will fade within 3 yrs...

dj_wudgey
02-04-09, 10:21 PM
The vinyl in the shop is made from long life matt black - it's smooth which tbh is better because its easier to clean.

I spoke to the vinyl company that are doing the sr vinyl for me and you cannot get original blue grey vinyl anywhere. Vauxhall dont stock it and 3M stopped making it 15 yrs ago! We're looking into getting a custom roll of blue grey made up specifically for the club but it comes in 50mtr rolls minimum and as you can imagine it's not cheap!

the printed stuff - incase anyones wondering - isnt properly matt and will fade within 3 yrs...

ade your a star!! will the grey vinyl be smooth aswell?? not wanting to be a pain mate!!

thanks dude!! ohh and you still want the gte decals tracing matey?? as ive got some paper finally lol

gordo
03-04-09, 05:15 PM
if you can find out a price let me know. been thinking of getting a colour match and painting it if i cant get the vinyls