PDA

View Full Version : Consusion

ST-eater
01-04-09, 07:48 PM
I am converting a 1.2 nova (carb model) into a c20xe engined nova. I know its been done a million and one times before but im having a few issues and need some help. Ive tried searching, but turned up nothing.

I have bought a nova fuel tank, with swirl pot, and what i thought to be an external fuel pump.

ebay Item number: 130255643069 (as i cant post a link)

Looking on ebay using the bosch code, it says that this pump is an inline one? Can anyone clear up wether its an external or an internal pump?

Also, were 75% through stitch welding, and have done the chassis leg mod for the alternator.. but we are running a double bottom pulley. I have looked though the forums, and have read that this needs to be machined off, or smacked with a hammer.

I dont know any machine places locally, and to be honest i wouldnt want to smack the edge off due to the pully being on the crank. The pully and bolts are badly rusted onto the crankshaft. All the bolts are rounded off, and even if i drilled the heads off, there is a possibility that the threads are welded in with rust, meaning a big bill.

Has anyone modified the area where it catches on the chassis? and if so could i have pictures, if not, what way would i mod the pully with it in place?

Finally, can anyone tell me where to buy injector seal kits from as i need to fit blue injectors to my fuel rail along with my 3bar fpr, my injectors have seals on already, but are used. So do i need new seals? and if so where can i get them?

ST-eater
01-04-09, 07:49 PM
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/1044/image273.th.jpg (http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/1044/image273.jpg)

Benn
01-04-09, 07:52 PM
Change the bottom pully for a single v, see simps thread he's get pics of where the bottom pully will touch. Knowing where you live will help with where to get stuff machined.

Pump does look right. Seal should be ok, but just checkthem off, no rips or misformed bits.

ST-eater
01-04-09, 09:20 PM
Change the bottom pully for a single v, see simps thread he's get pics of where the bottom pully will touch. Knowing where you live will help with where to get stuff machined.

Pump does look right. Seal should be ok, but just checkthem off, no rips or misformed bits.

im in leicestershire, but dont know what place to look for to get the work on the pully done.

So the pump can be mounted externally then? as it has 2 main holes and a small one... :s

Il check the seals, keeping my fingers crossed :D

novadoneitthistime
03-04-09, 07:10 PM
very rare to need injector seals, they're well protected in the fuel rail, they only really get damaged if you're rough when are fitting them and nick them with the rail socket. And at the pintile end, they only ever get a maximum of 1 Bar vacuum, so unless those tapers fall into actual separate pieces when the injector comes out, they'll be fine.

long story short, dont worry