PDA

View Full Version : security worry

match
15-01-03, 09:49 AM
is it me or is it very easy to break into a nova - too easy if u ask me its worrying.

had this little silly spate of locking my keys in ma car recently when i not got a spare with me, even with no TWOCing experience wotsoever it takes about 10 seconds to get the doors open using a piece of bent coat hanger or stiff welding rod!!

thats worrying, although comes in handy when ya lock ya keys in and u can just get the trusty coat hanger from its stash place and solve the problem.

if its mark 2 another worrying thing is that the alarm, immobiliser and ignition can be overriden using the hazard warning switch. meaning u can turn the alarm immobiliser off and just bump the car off. it works on mark 1 corsa's too

WONDER IF VAUXHALL INTENDED TO DO THAT?

nutsaboutnovas
15-01-03, 10:20 AM
you cannot bump start the car with the hazard upside down if you have a decent immobiliser i.e. more than one point.. i know this to be true as i had my toad Ai606 fully upgraded in my GSi last week i was talking to the guy and he told me about the hazard switch then he tested the immobiliser.. we turned the hazard switch upside down pushed the car and tried to bump it and absolutely nothing happened didn't even try to start!!!

Chris LR
15-01-03, 11:10 AM
You can stop people from taking your Nova, but you can't stop them getting in.

My personal favorite (although I don't use it) Is chain around the pedals, chain from the drivers door grab handle to the steering wheel and a chain from steering wheel to pedals.

neiloakley
15-01-03, 11:15 AM
i've the the 606 too and mine imobilises the fuel pump (as well as other bits) which is not affected by the hazard light switch either. You can cure the hazard switch problem quite easily. E-mail me and i'll tell ya how!!!

match
15-01-03, 11:30 AM
i kept the mark 1 dash, prefere the position of the head unit myself. so not got the hazard switch problem, just thought it was a bit of a daft thing for vauxhall to do.

mines all imobilised through hidden swithches etc that cut out my ignition and the faset fuel pump as well as the immobiliser system

carltoncrazy
15-01-03, 07:26 PM
:lol: @u lot,
every car is eay to break into if u no how,
carlton,bang the bumper in the right place(not saying where),its kncocks the sensor,and unlocks the doors.
sorry but ya idoits for spening loads on a alarm and imb,there so eays to get around if ya no how.
kill switchs are so much better,as no car is the same,
and any theif comes armed with his trusty screw driver so he can still do the hazard.

neiloakley
16-01-03, 08:10 AM
the brand new golfs are the easiest car to steal at the moment (not saying how for less than ?50). Easier than novas. Mate had it done to theres and VW are giving her a new car rather than claiming off insurance. Expect a recall notice soon!!!!!

mikeoxford
16-01-03, 08:42 AM
:o that bad!?

neiloakley
16-01-03, 08:48 AM
HELL YA. Lets just say, the only things the robbers leave is the door handle!!! wink wink, nudge nudge

match
16-01-03, 08:53 AM
so its just a case if prising off the door handle then is it?? :wink: :wink:

neiloakley
16-01-03, 09:01 AM
not quite. If you wanna know. Send me some money in an e-mail lol

mikeoxford
16-01-03, 12:01 PM
:roll: lol at the end of the day if ur worried about security you should be driving an MoD tank - not a nova :wink:

neiloakley
16-01-03, 12:03 PM
tanks dont have locks on the doors. And no alarm whatsoever.

mikeoxford
16-01-03, 12:05 PM
LOL :lol:

there bullet proof unlike the novaa though :D

neiloakley
16-01-03, 12:12 PM
why would you want a bullet proof car? The only time people would shoot my car is to shoot the locks out but a tank has no locks so why shoot it?

mikeoxford
16-01-03, 12:16 PM
LOL :lol:

FORGET the whole tank idea :wink:

i was just illustrating that if a thief wants a car, they WILL get it - all we can do is deter it and try prevent it a lil, thats IT!

lol - i dont no nowt about tanks! other than there big ugly, dirty, look heavy, and i wouldnt think had a high insurance group :D as their low mileage, low speed, and not exactly a threat to the roads :P

neiloakley
16-01-03, 12:25 PM
just like to point out that tanks are fucking quick. I've driven a CVR (a little trainer witha machine gun on top). About the size of a Merc Sprinter but a bit wider. That had a V12 jag engine with a sequential gearbox and it fucking flew. 0-60 of about 9 seconds. But 60 is it's top speed. The public are not allowed to drive tracked vehicles on the road either. It's illegal. HA de Ha de HA. It was fun though!!!!

carltoncrazy
16-01-03, 07:01 PM
lol,me going up the mk cruise in a tiger blowing the fuck outa saxo :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ah i rly need 2 get out more

mikeoxford
16-01-03, 10:57 PM
hows your nova going CC ? any updates?

carltoncrazy
16-01-03, 11:32 PM
oh shit mike i owe u pixs dont i,
well its on its side,i have done some rust stuff,and decided it needs 2 new inner wings,
but i need to do the head gakset on the carlton,