PDA

View Full Version : E16SE on rolling road

tragos
01-04-09, 11:33 AM
i am going to put my car on rolling road this sunday!
engine is stock e16se
how much power is the gte actually putting down?
what modifications can i do to see i good result?
what fuel?
remove air filter panel?
advace ignition?

sorry for my bad english!

chimp007_uk
01-04-09, 11:37 AM
Wouldn't it be good just to get a power figure for it in stock form? There's loads of things you can do to improve power... But how much and time have you got?
You can put the car under load on the rollers in 3rd to advance the ignition until it pinks, and retard it slightly.
They're about 105/110hp ins tandard form.

tragos
01-04-09, 11:51 AM
105bhp its good for me!
i dont want to spent money! am asking if i can do something to cheat the dyno! what fuel should i use?
here in greece we have 96oct. super(L.R.P.)!
is this ok for e16se with 10deg. advance on ignition?

Stuart
01-04-09, 11:54 AM
on a standard engine thats not ever been rebuilt I would say the RR is lying if you get more than 100bhp (imho of course)

tragos
01-04-09, 11:57 AM
my engine is been fully rebuilt before 50.000miles with new mahle pistons, rigs etc... its in good very good condition!

Stuart
01-04-09, 12:00 PM
aslong as you ran it in properly (none of this pussy about 1000miles crap), then I'd expect 100-105 depending on the RR accuracy

make sure the power and torque curves (in bhp and lbft) cross at 5252rpm (ie are the same figure there).. if not the disregard what the graph says

chimp007_uk
01-04-09, 12:22 PM
make sure the power and torque curves (in bhp and lbft) cross at 5252rpm (ie are the same figure there).. if not the disregard what the graph says

Thats a good bit of advice! Not many people check...

Stuart
01-04-09, 12:38 PM
Thats a good bit of advice! Not many people check...

its also why you sometimes get two separate graphs from some of the "bigger" UK vauxhall tuners so you cant spot some of their RR shenanigans so easily ;)

chimp007_uk
01-04-09, 12:58 PM
its also why you sometimes get two separate graphs from some of the "bigger" UK vauxhall tuners so you cant spot some of their RR shenanigans so easily ;)

They'll hunt you down for saying such naughty things lol Thats why I stay well clear for "big" name places. They charge a fortune, so basically they can model you the graph you want :wtf:

Adam
01-04-09, 04:14 PM
They'll hunt you down for saying such naughty things lol Thats why I stay well clear for "big" name places. They charge a fortune, so basically they can model you the graph you want :wtf:
Hence why he didnt mention anyone in particular ;), no court cases here lol lol