PDA

View Full Version : Who works in IT support??

kevw
14-01-03, 11:17 AM
Do you actually do any work?? :lol:

most of my mates who are IT support/helpdesk peeps have loads of spare time...

I do IT support at our place aswell as lots of other IT stuff, but inbetween fixing/upgrading/braking things Ive got lots of software to make...

Am I the only one whos always busy?!?! :roll:

Ste_Nova
14-01-03, 11:24 AM
nope

yes, but not as much free time as i had in college and no mirc

and yes you are

kevw
14-01-03, 11:32 AM
Ste, have u still got that "surfing route" you take round all the websites lol

Nova1.6
14-01-03, 12:19 PM
maybe your working too hard, chill a bit, dont do so much.

jkhilton
14-01-03, 12:19 PM
I work in IT, I am the network manager for Minds Eye Productions :)

I work really hard allllll day long and get no peace at all! ofcourse, Jim will read this and tell you it's all lies and that I do no work, but dont believe him!!! I will stop his internet access! oh the power! lmao

Thing about IT support is, if the network is running smoothly, then there should be no problems to fix, therfore giving you spare time to search the net for useless and stupid info to spread around the world via email! :lol:

Anton
14-01-03, 12:20 PM
I'm at college and don't do ne work so thats y i am on :D

Nova1.6
14-01-03, 12:27 PM
im at work and dont do any work :lol:

Cara
14-01-03, 12:28 PM
i only work friday sat n sun evenings so i got loadsa time 2 sit an duck fu(k all :lol:

MC
14-01-03, 12:31 PM
My life is just one big manic rush to catch up. Lucky Gits. Price you pay for success though! :lol:

Jim
14-01-03, 01:01 PM
I work really hard allllll day long and get no peace at all! ofcourse, Jim will read this and tell you it's all lies and that I do no work, but dont believe him!!! I will stop his internet access! oh the power! lmao

LMFAO. No comment, as I really want my internet connection at work please :D

Jim

P.S. John? Who was it that told you about the job in the first place ;) Is this the sort of gratitude I can expect by doing you favours? LOL :lol:

TeddySRi
14-01-03, 01:16 PM
im a Toshiba Specalist for a computer firm im always busy!!!!

jkhilton
14-01-03, 01:24 PM
Jim, I am very grateful that you told me about the job, but that wont stop the power going to my head!!! muhhahahahahahhahahahahhaha :twisted:

GTE-RACER
14-01-03, 01:32 PM
Worked @ a IT Help Desk for a couple of months b4 x-mas and did bout 10days hard work in 2months lol....class job....Back 2 student life now doing my MCSE, MCDBA AND CCNA course in London. All the teachers have told us how easy it is after u have passed and how little u do all day and how 2 blame the IT Hardware peeps 4everythin that u can't b arsed doin.....IT jobs are class, can't wait till i pass :-D

Ian
14-01-03, 02:06 PM
Who works in IT support??

geeks

kevw
14-01-03, 02:14 PM
geeks

And proud!

wisewood
14-01-03, 02:21 PM
all this feckin bickering.

MattyWoo
14-01-03, 02:22 PM
geeks

Maybe but at least we don't get ripped off by people like PC World. My mate paid ?25 for them to look at his pc

Fester
14-01-03, 02:38 PM
yeah am in support yeah am always busy

found another little nugget of useful information today, earned me 2 packs of pasta n sauce off a guy down the corridor

Compaq Presario notebooks, whatever u do just wont hop on the network, claims the cable is not connected, done EVERYTHING short of re installing OS, PCMCIA works fine
worked out that the left and right hand pins of the RJ45 on the notebook are pushed down flat from the factory :roll:

if ever you come across one of these its that LOL spent all morning on it :twisted:

kevw
14-01-03, 02:56 PM
why are they like that, isnt it a one off?

Fester
14-01-03, 03:54 PM
dont know but looking on forums on the net its not a one off

kevw
14-01-03, 05:01 PM
ive got one of those pcmcia ethernet adpaters with the little dongle type wire for my laptop, its broke, theyre way too flimsy, theres a few broken ones a work aswell..

Them ones where it takes up both pcmcia slots but only plugs into one are best... Im gonna purchase one..

Fester
14-01-03, 06:47 PM
since i sorted his out its been 6-way GTA2 on the network none stop :D

my tactic is lay mines in devious places and then take credit for the kills when some innocent runs over them

frillip
14-01-03, 06:52 PM
u should get UT2003 on the brew lol or even the old one thats a classic

kevw
14-01-03, 06:59 PM
Unreal is ace but I never play it. I downloaded UT2003 but that crashed every machine I installed it on lol

frillip
14-01-03, 07:01 PM
its 3 cds aint it!!!

also another gd little game is AVP*aliens vs predator*

gd for online games cus no one unless told ip can join etc so no unwanted visitors