PDA

View Full Version : grand prix

burgo
29-03-09, 08:41 AM
im quite obviously not gonna say who came where but if you are undecided wether to watch it or not you simply have to!!!!! amazing end to the race

Hobbit
29-03-09, 08:42 AM
i agree, well worth getting up for :thumb:

BIGS
29-03-09, 09:05 AM
Im having it taped for me. so ill be watching it when i get back :D

mowgli
29-03-09, 09:06 AM
proper crazy racing....

Cormac
29-03-09, 09:09 AM
Fair play to the Brawn team, Excellent result for them!

Asa-James
29-03-09, 09:36 AM
cracking race, looks like its going to be an interesing season.

Sloth
29-03-09, 11:56 AM
well done cormac, some of us havent seen it. (not me i didnt go to bed)

Jay
29-03-09, 11:59 AM
I missed it, too much beer last night. When's it on again?

Sloth
29-03-09, 12:02 PM
1pm iirc jay

Jay
29-03-09, 12:05 PM
1pm iirc jay

Rep added my friend :D

Sloth
29-03-09, 12:11 PM
lol ta bud!

Jay
29-03-09, 02:59 PM
It was good :)

Southie
29-03-09, 03:30 PM
That was awesome :D

Racing and commentary were spot on and the best bit was ...

... No adverts . YES lol

Jay
29-03-09, 03:32 PM
So F1 is on BBC1 from now on?

muzzy
29-03-09, 03:39 PM
Was a cracking race, hopefully this will shape up to be a great season.

Got to say im delighted with the result!

Southie
29-03-09, 03:41 PM
So F1 is on BBC1 from now on?
Yep :D

Jay
29-03-09, 03:42 PM
Yep :D

Thats all good then :D

L33 LEG
29-03-09, 03:47 PM
excellent start to the season, should be very entertaining this year.

before the race i wanted the braun team to come first and second and then hamilton in third so to say im happy with the result is an understatement lol

L14MNP
29-03-09, 03:51 PM
Recorded FTW. Been meaning to get back into this for a bit now, since it's been made a lot more competitive with the new rules & regs.

I know who won etc. though. Cheers Radio 1! :(

muzzy
29-03-09, 03:56 PM
Recorded FTW. Been meaning to get back into this for a bit now, since it's been made a lot more competitive with the new rules & regs.

I know who won etc. though. Cheers Radio 1! :(

Definetly noticing a difference with the new rules etc although the outcome of this defuser issue will be interesting.

Asa-James
29-03-09, 04:19 PM
so how come trulli was given a penalty? heard it on the news before, but not the reason?

MK999
29-03-09, 04:24 PM
Overtaking under yellows/safety car

Asa-James
29-03-09, 04:31 PM
so thats why he finished ahead of hamilton... i see, was wondering how hamilton dropped to fourth!

Sloth
29-03-09, 04:45 PM
does that mean hammy got 3rd?

burgo
29-03-09, 04:46 PM
yes sloth

Sloth
29-03-09, 04:47 PM
kool. im in blonde mode today....

brainsnova
29-03-09, 04:51 PM
must be a **** feeling getting the trophy taken away.

Southie
29-03-09, 04:52 PM
kool. im in blonde mode today....
So was Richard Branson by the looks of it lol

Pistol Pete
29-03-09, 09:18 PM
Just watched the race. Was a good one i thought. The changes seem to have made for more "racing". Really pleased for Jensen Button and BrawnGP. Also good drive from Hamilton IMO.

Lee
29-03-09, 09:29 PM
Really pleased for Jensen, he's always been world class imo, its a shame its taken this long to get a decent car under him.

One noticable thing was the lack of mechanical faults, apart from the usual ferarri hiccup which is always expected. Highlight for me was Rubens talking to Brawn after the race, saying something along the lines of 'i cant believe im second, I bounced most of the way round' lol lol

Guted for Kubiza as well, he was prooving the kers system isn't all that imo.

blue_peg_16v
29-03-09, 09:37 PM
the kers worked well for the ferraris off the line, i was well impressed with both brawns but also nico rosberg was realy on the pace when not stuck behind slower cars if it ant been for his problem in the pit think he would of got 3rd, but glad hamilton got it he was on a mission in the first stint with some of the over taking and shew how good he is to drag a car as woeful as the mclaren at press up into the points

MK999
29-03-09, 09:45 PM
Really pleased for Jensen, he's always been world class imo, its a shame its taken this long to get a decent car under him.

My feelings exactly, he must be buzzing after the career that he's had, which he thought until 5-6 months ago was over and then going to melbourne 3 weeks after first sitting in the car and taking 1st, by such a dominant drive too. It was great to see him finally get the car he deserved :)

mowgli
29-03-09, 10:37 PM
well, after that race, the nay-sayers have been rather quiet....

it had everything that Bernie could have wished for..... apart from the ferraris looking crap & not winning.....

Sloth
29-03-09, 10:46 PM
bout time imho, back to the glory days?

mowgli
29-03-09, 10:55 PM
bout time imho, back to the glory days?

explain when these glory days were....

the fifties had very few drivers & cars capable of winning, but tons of backmarkers to lap, so any old footage looks great...

the sixties were full of a ridiculous amount of deaths, and unsafe cars...

the seventies were pretty much the same as the sixties, but with enormous slicks, wings, sideburns & awful team & sponsor coats

the eighties were all about nursing cars to the finish having started with 200l of fuel, and no refuel stops

the nineties were all about williams until sennas death, then the circuits were rank.

the noughties have been about max mosley being at war with the teams

don't get me wrong, I love motor racing, and always will.

burgo
30-03-09, 06:46 AM
i was suprised how strong the cars appeared to be. a few years back you just had to click someone else and the car would explode into tiny peices

large_steve182
30-03-09, 01:33 PM
got to admit. i love f1 now that its on bbc.
on itv is was an hour buid up of lewis hamilton in the dark next to some ghey music and basically everything he does in day to day life. then the race is just following lewis hamilton everywhere. then 10 minute adverts every 10 minutes which are brilliantly placed where the best parts of the race happens so we have to watch 10 minutes of replays which misses other good stuff. then after the race we all suck off lewis hamilton some more. and if he didnt win everybody else was cheating,

while on bbc i seen him just as much as every other driver. maybe even less with him at the back.

just dont understand, they want all the cars to be fairer for better driving. but only some cars get a fancy power boost systemy thing. suprise that massa, hamilton, button, and some other big drivers get it.

MK999
30-03-09, 01:51 PM
KERS is available to every driver, some choose not to use it, and I don't think Brawn have it ready to use yet, since the car first turned a wheel 3-4 weeks ago

Pistol Pete
30-03-09, 02:32 PM
And the penalties keep coming....Vettel has been given a 10 place drop after the Kubica incident. Stupid as IMO it was a 50/50 crash. And they both didnt finish as a result.

Sloth
30-03-09, 02:36 PM
for me the late 80's early 90's are the best time in f1, but my fav driver is graham hill....

Lee
30-03-09, 04:41 PM
the kers worked well for the ferraris off the line

Im not a fan of it tbh, for a start it takes up most of your ballast allowance, therefore, you end up with fook all to move about to get the car just right. Secondly it significantly reduces the size of the fuel tank making the strategy department sweat. Not seen it yet, but I bet we will see a Kers car need a big fuel up after an incedent or during a safety car and not have the capacity.

Also, the heavy bastids like Kubiza and Webber cant use it because of their extra weight meaning most of the weight would be at the back and there wouldnt be enough ballast to even up the weight distribution. As I said, Kubiza prooved its not a big advantage at all, in fact I wouldn't have been surprised if he caught button up due to being on the right tyres if he didnt stack it.

10 to 1 its ditched for 2010 IMO

My prediction for next week. Brawn 1 - 2 again.

burgo
30-03-09, 05:36 PM
im still undecided on the kers system. i can see it being a help on overtaking after slip streaming and off the start. the rest of the time it can only be a hinderece surely.

i do think its a good idea for production cars in some way tho. for instance as your coming up to a junction and braking it stores the energy and then releases it for pulling away instead of using the engine power

mowgli
30-03-09, 10:38 PM
I'm not buying this business about the kers affecting the weight ballast. these new cars seem to love forward weight distribution, and having a heavier driver up front will actually help, then the kers device is on the front of the engine (unless you are williams & stick it on the flywheel) and the batteries are somewhere under the driver, thus its all up front.

the new rule about weighing the cars and publishing the start weights will hit ferrari. I have always maintained that they run the cars light with tons of fuel in. some of their strategies have been remarkable. but then they will be doing 'shakedown' tests every day at the factory to test everything they can...