PDA

View Full Version : Help

jatinder
13-01-03, 09:08 PM
Im going to buy some avo adjustable dampers and a set of 60mm lowering spring the problem is i havent rolled my arches and i have standard 3 spoke vaux 14" alloys will it foul the arches? also are avo quite good and what springs would you recomend?

ade
14-01-03, 01:07 PM
if standard 3 spoke 14" you wont need to roll arches.

Avo's are good although heard some reports on here about some peeps having probs with them. Summut about rubbing?

I got a set of gmax with 60mm lowered (came as a set) for ?210 - had em a year and not one prob

Ade
:wink:

jatinder
14-01-03, 01:15 PM
wot the ride like did you notice any diffrence taking corners and stuff!

neiloakley
14-01-03, 02:36 PM
i had avo's on the rear and they only lasted a year. Started leaking. I have bilstein on the front and they are much nicer ride. Still look brand new too. Bilstein are my recommendation

ade
14-01-03, 11:01 PM
ride is very good. I had 3 spoke 14" SR alloys before I got my 15's.

The car sat lower so lower centre of gravity and handles excellently. I fitted front and rear anti roll bars (p1ss easy!) and this also helped on body roll.

Even without these roll bars I notices a considerable difference. the ride is alot firmer and some may say uncomfortable (you feel every bump and dip) but thats 1/2 the fun! :D

Your car will bounce along like a true modded car and will look well smart. Sure you can also get slightly wider rubber for 14's so they look fatter.

Lowering 60mm may result in a little faster tyre wear (due to change in camber) but depending on the engine you have (and therefore weight) you'll be fine - just dont take corners at daft speeds!

The only other little problem you may find (doubt it though) is a very small amount of buffing on the front arches when in full lock and cornering quickly or going over a bump - doubt it but I did once or twice. i just got to know where the prob areas were and avoided them.

Ade
:wink:

jatinder
14-01-03, 11:32 PM
thanx mate i need to here frome other peoples adviceon diffrent combos does it matter if i get diffrent makes of shoxs and springs cos the avo ones r uprated and the r adjustable so will they suit my 60mm lowering springs

neiloakley
15-01-03, 08:18 AM
listen to me man!!! Avo are pants. They last ten minutes!!! Avoid if poss

Anton
15-01-03, 08:21 AM
go for GMAX, great value :D

jatinder
15-01-03, 02:36 PM
ok ok gmax it is with 60mm drop yipee

Ste_Nova
15-01-03, 03:34 PM
gmax 60mm and 16" (no arch mods)
http://www.cruisecheshire.co.uk/reports/southport10402/13.jpg

gmax 60mm and 17"
http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/uploads/Jan12100.JPG

jatinder
15-01-03, 05:17 PM
can i get black vodoos like on that van?