PDA

View Full Version : help needed

jayrs2k
27-03-09, 08:01 PM
hi every1 just needed a bit of info i have a 2ltr eco engine and want to but it in a nova. do i just needed the engine loom or the hole lot and what sort of nova would it fit the best and the easyist in with out loads of wiring.

cheers jay

ant_tay
27-03-09, 08:09 PM
just the engine loom and a nova with mpi would easyest to start off with

nova_gte_
27-03-09, 08:34 PM
i would of thought that a poverty spec i.e nova with carb engine no messing about trying to sort out ecu's etc. just run wire to the engine loom and plonk the ecu in the engine bay covered up tho

Stuart
27-03-09, 08:39 PM
you will have to "mess about" with the ECU for the 2.0 engine anyway.

have a look in the articles section for the Xe install guide + wiring diagrams etc

nova_gte_
27-03-09, 08:41 PM
yer i suppose your rite stuart but there is less messing if there isnt a ecu in already isnt there?

Stuart
27-03-09, 08:44 PM
there is feck all messing about either way. people like to make car electrics seem far harder than they really are

nova_gte_
27-03-09, 08:45 PM
orite well im no top notch leccy so thats what iv been told by others so passed on the info to try help

Rich
27-03-09, 09:16 PM
Most straight forward probably a gte/gsi/sri (injection models), will already have the fuel lines/tank/pump setup for your needs

a 1.2 injection model, these use an intank pump which you can swap over with a multipoint pump. Can keep all lines this way

1.2 carb you will need to change fuel lines/pump/tank etc