PDA

View Full Version : tuning a 2.0 8v

corsa-xe1
27-03-09, 04:33 PM
right i am in the middle of throwing the xe away! and getting a c20seh!

how can i go about tuning them?

carbs or bike t/b's?

what cam?

can i fit a 3.0 t/b?

Nova_Tek
27-03-09, 04:46 PM
Depends how much cash money you have to spend. Carbs go well with the 8v so I've heard. The basics like a proper manifold, full exhaust system should do well.

Ported and polshed head, lightened flywheel, balanced crank etc

burgo
27-03-09, 04:48 PM
i hate questions like this. you tune any engine exactly the same and its all governed by your budget

corsa-xe1
27-03-09, 04:53 PM
lol sorry burgo mate, i have been offer a 20seh, and have a couple of hundred to tune her so just wondered if i shold go for carbs with a cam, or bike t/b's!!

burgo
27-03-09, 04:58 PM
a couple of hundred as in £200?? if so you could get a set of bike carbs fitted and set up for that. you may even be able to stretch to giving it a good service aswell

corsa-xe1
27-03-09, 05:05 PM
yes mate around £200!

got a cam and a 4 branch already, so just want a nice sound track lol

the inlets for bike carbs are £200 on the own are they not?

Nova_Tek
27-03-09, 05:08 PM
£200, well that changes everything. Get your 4 branch on and them carbs. Get it serviced and running at optimal performance oh and if you can stretch to it a Panel filter (for the original airbox) will make her breathe easier and aid your soundtrack.

burgo
27-03-09, 05:12 PM
yes mate around £200!

got a cam and a 4 branch already, so just want a nice sound track lol

the inlets for bike carbs are £200 on the own are they not?if you get rapped by bogg bro's yes. make your own, its not hard to do. easiest and cheapest way is to by a manifold for twin 40/45's which go for about £50 then chop the carb side flange off. then a set of carbs off ebay for £100 and your laughing. you will have to do abit of research to see what size you need to drill the jets to

corsa-xe1
27-03-09, 05:14 PM
lol ok will start looking now!

i have been out in the motor and its all over redtop's so will be fun with a set of carbs on her!!

thanks guys :)

Sloth
27-03-09, 05:41 PM
bout 1.6mm should be right for the jets. id stick with the stock cam as its a decent one in the seh. get a janspeed 4 into 1 off ebay and fit it. they help alot... remember it makes its power and torque differently than an xe, so you have to drive it differently.

burgo
27-03-09, 05:46 PM
all dependent on the cam and timing surely sloth. in standard form i agree they make the power lower down but they can be tuned to make progressive power right through the rev range

corsa-xe1
27-03-09, 06:00 PM
lol well i have only ever driven xe's so will have to get use to the different power band!!

Sloth
27-03-09, 06:13 PM
all dependent on the cam and timing surely sloth. in standard form i agree they make the power lower down but they can be tuned to make progressive power right through the rev range

yes in part, the head design also determines it too. i have heard of the cam timing being retarded with turbo 8vs and gains of 15bhp being found. did you know, the 8v head flows faster than the 16v one.... its the way the head works and flows that gives the power.... and the torque.....