PDA

View Full Version : painting manifolds and rocker covers etc

jafanan
26-03-09, 10:44 AM
before i begin rebuilding and repainting my block/rocker cover etc i want to confirm a few things

if i was to prep my my manifold and rocker cover then spray with matt black heat resisitant paint, could i then paint over it with standard paint?

iv seen manifold on here being painted with simple hamerite smooth silver but no mention of heat resistant paint

i want to paint my manifold,exhuast and rocker cover silver

what would be my best way to do it MYSELF?

auzzy-b
26-03-09, 10:53 AM
Can you not just use high tempreature silver paint?? or do you want it a specific colour, i would imagine it should be ok as long as you put a light coat of etch on it first and obviously remove any rust/grease etc:)

Pistol Pete
26-03-09, 11:00 AM
For the manifold use high temp paint. Black, another colour looks naff IMO. Hammerite for everything else. Dont scrimp on the prep. That is key to a good finish.

PS this is styling really, and has been covered in there before. :) Just for future reference.

jafanan
26-03-09, 11:03 AM
For the manifold use high temp paint. Black, another colour looks naff IMO. Hammerite for everything else. Dont scrimp on the prep. That is key to a good finish.

PS this is styling really, and has been covered in there before. :) Just for future reference.

ok il search it in styling

thats lads ;)

GRUNT 16V
26-03-09, 01:02 PM
Dont Bother With Yor Manifold As It Will Take About 3/4 Days Before It Burns Back Off Been There . I Also Used That High Temp Paint Too

jafanan
26-03-09, 02:10 PM
Dont Bother With Yor Manifold As It Will Take About 3/4 Days Before It Burns Back Off Been There . I Also Used That High Temp Paint Too

ok will do

thanks for the input :thumb:

Pistol Pete
26-03-09, 02:25 PM
I used high temp paint and heat wrap on my manifold with no bother. Like i said, the key to a good finish is the prep.

chimp007_uk
26-03-09, 02:39 PM
This has got me sanding and prep'ing my xe covers that i [icked up for £2 lol gotta love fleebay bargains. I'm going to hopefully go funking on the paint :)

Cle
26-03-09, 02:59 PM
Normal silver hammerite ok for an inlet manifold ??? or need to be heat resistent ???

Pistol Pete
26-03-09, 03:03 PM
Inlet doest get that hot. Hammerite should be fine.