PDA

View Full Version : REGISTERED MEMBERS

mikeoxford
12-01-03, 05:56 PM
this is a post for admin only i guess, but i posted here to see whatothers thoughts are

ive been playing with phpBB lately (this forum) and have seen the way it makes databases.

is there anyway to filter and sort usernames, for instance:

sort them into number of posts = 0

then sort them into registered longer than 4 months

and delete them??

reason i ask is although the member count looks impressive - it would be more informative if it showed a true recollection of the data?

the way i see it some people are registering as members to use purely novatrader??? when theres no need - is there?

please dont have a go at me or anything - just a thought i had thats all :oops:

kevw
12-01-03, 06:04 PM
of course thats possible, for the space it takes up its not worth doing...

Others may disagree with me here, but to me its like throwing out old photos coz u dont look at them anymore...

wisewood
12-01-03, 07:06 PM
i have to agree with kev.

there are ways to do it but seems a bit silly really.
just because someone doesn't post dont mean they dont log in... and if they dont log in, it doesnt mean they never will.

each to their own though i suppose.

carltoncrazy
12-01-03, 07:28 PM
il agree with kev,
ben(lurk75)went away for more than 4 months,
and iff accounts were deleted if he hadnt logged in,then he would have to re-regestor etc,
but like kev says,it dont take up much space,

Dan
12-01-03, 08:34 PM
peeps might register to use novatrader so they can recieve pm's and reply by same method or their email is available at a click of a button instead of forever typing it (if they got lazy head on or silly long email addy lol)

?Marty?
13-01-03, 09:18 AM
And there might only be us six left. :lol:

It'd break Kev's heart!

kevw
13-01-03, 10:30 AM
lol
I'd rather it break my heart than my bank account, which is whats happening ha ha ha

wisewood
13-01-03, 12:12 PM
i've told you kev my life's saving are at your disposal.

how much you need? :D

kevw
13-01-03, 12:41 PM
nah its ok. just thinking aloud lol...

another reason why people register to use novatrader is so they can delete there advertisement when they have sold the item, like it tells them to in the guide lol...