PDA

View Full Version : the banana test

mowgli
25-03-09, 12:18 AM
The Banana Test

There is a very, very tall coconut tree and there are 4 animals,

a Lion, a Chimpanzee, a Giraffe, and a Squirrel

They decide to compete to see who is the fastest to get a banana off the tree.

Who do you guess will win?

Asa-James
25-03-09, 12:24 AM
they'll have a job, its a coconut tree

or is it a double bluff and i've just made a tit of myself?

mowgli
25-03-09, 12:25 AM
that depends.... there could have been a banana placed at the top of the tree first...........

brainsnova
25-03-09, 12:27 AM
im not that daft lol

Asa-James
25-03-09, 12:28 AM
in which case more details are needed. how tall exactly is the tree? is the giraffe of equal or greater height than the tree? does the lion have good climbing abilitys?

and above all, have all health and safety forms been filled out correctly and have all animals been briefed and have the correct PPE before such an undertaking?

Asa-James
25-03-09, 12:29 AM
also, it doesnt state in the question where the banana is on the tree...

dj_wudgey
25-03-09, 12:30 AM
and above all, have all health and safety forms been filled out correctly and have all animals been briefed and have the correct PPE before such an undertaking?

if they were in britain some where they most likely would have the correct ppe lol

gunny
25-03-09, 12:45 AM
id like to see a method statement and risk assesment, HSE will be informed

dj_wudgey
25-03-09, 12:54 AM
id like to see a method statement and risk assesment, HSE will be informed

they are in the **** now lol

Jack
25-03-09, 06:10 PM
The one with the gun wins.

djshaggeh
25-03-09, 06:17 PM
Im saying chimpanzee as they have skillz and I have proof!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp9Gm-aRe5A

novaguy08
25-03-09, 06:19 PM
none of them........ coconut tree! No mention of bananna in the slightest!
Kinda like the question:
Plane crashes on the border between scotland and england.... where do you bury the survivors?
and
Which is heavier a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks?
and
roster lays an egg of a hill which way does it roll?
and
an electric train doing 75mph is going into a headwind of 50mph (daft i know) which way does the smoke go?4
I got loadsa these lol

novaguy08
25-03-09, 06:20 PM
Im saying chimpanzee as they have skillz and I have proof!

:confused: :confused: lol lol :wtf: :wtf: :tard: :tard:

Jack
25-03-09, 06:28 PM
Err...

^ there is a banana on the tree, according to that part of the statement. The fact that these animals are said to be considering a "race" between each other means we're obviously suspending some reality ergo its not beyond the pale to assume they could have (or someone could have) put a banana in (or "on", so it could be anywhere on the tree, which could be in any position) the tree to begin with.

novaguy08
25-03-09, 06:32 PM
would you like to have a race to get a bananna off a coconut tree? no mention of one being placed on it and unless im well out on my assumption, but coconut trees grow coconuts?

gunny
25-03-09, 06:39 PM
Err...

^ there is a banana on the tree, according to that part of the statement. The fact that these animals are said to be considering a "race" between each other means we're obviously suspending some reality ergo its not beyond the pale to assume they could have (or someone could have) put a banana in (or "on", so it could be anywhere on the tree, which could be in any position) the tree to begin with.

So ther!! :p

Jack
25-03-09, 06:39 PM
I see the point you're making, but the way its worded, i.e. they "decide to compete to see who is the fastest to get a banana off the tree" implies they will put a banana on the tree; they have placed an object on the tree as a fair target for their race.

It would be like me saying "let me toss a coin, heads I win, tails you lose" - if I'm not currently holding a coin, you would assume I have access to one or am about to find one.

Spudly
25-03-09, 06:46 PM
The cheetah wins:thumb:

jimbob-mcgrew
26-03-09, 01:00 AM
i broke it down scientifically and came to the conclusions: (provided were talking about a complete un-adulterated banana)

the squirrel would be fastest up the tree, but wouldnt have the strength to pull the banana from it, probably take it a fair while to chew thru the neck of the nana, thus voiding the rules lol

the chimp i dunno if he could scramble up the tree, there awsome climbers but up a single pole i dunno, it would probably get stressed out after a few attempts and start kicking the trunk and hitting it with sticks and rocks.

the girraffe is just fcuked, it cant do sh1t if its outta reach.

the lion can claw its way up slowly and grab one, but most likely fall to its death on the way down, but would be the first to get a complete banana down from the tree. (providing he didnt fall on it on the way down, squashing it, voiding the rules lol)

but then someone mentioned the coconut tree !
bah u got me again mowgli

Jack
26-03-09, 07:59 AM
the squirrel would be fastest up the tree, but wouldnt have the strength to pull the banana from it, probably take it a fair while to chew thru the neck of the nana, thus voiding the rules lol
Its a coconut tree, the banana won't be growing from it. We assume that as the banana is not native to that tree, it has been placed in/on the tree prior to this situation. Although its possible the banana has been affixed to the tree in some form.

If the answer really is "its a coconut tree, no bananas in it duh", then the original question is flawed. It would be like me standing in an empty field with no trees in sight and saying "I'll race you to that tree" - what tree?!

Pistol Pete
26-03-09, 08:58 AM
Assume makes an a55 out of you and me lol

I also reckon the cheetah wins....dont know why though lol

Lauren
26-03-09, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I got sent this in an email this morning:

There is a very, very tall coconut tree and there are 4 animals,

a Lion, a Chimpanzee, a Giraffe, and a Squirrel, who pass by.

Who do you guess will win?

Your answer will reflect your personality.

So think carefully . . .. Try and answer within 30 seconds

Got your answer?

Now scroll down to see the analysis.

If your answer is:
Lion = you're dull.
Chimpanzee = you're a moron.
Giraffe = you're a complete idiot.
Squirrel = you're just hopelessly stupid.
A COCONUT TREE DOESN'T HAVE BANANAS.
Obviously you're stressed and overworked.
You should take some time off and relax!
Try again next year.

novaguy08
26-03-09, 09:32 PM
haha i was right lol :D

Dar
26-03-09, 09:41 PM
The squirrel!
They go like fook!
and I can ride them like a jockey

novaguy08
26-03-09, 09:43 PM
lol @ your gray text

mayhem
27-03-09, 02:31 PM
since when do lions eat banana's?

the lion eats all of the others.

novaguy08
27-03-09, 04:13 PM
The point of the question is why would there be a bananna in a coconut tree?
I posted some similar ones earlier, my fav is the egg one lol

Even though it mentions a bananna there is no mention of there one actually being in the tree, or one being placed in the tree for the purpose of a race............. I did loads of these on paper whilst i was at school, was a right laugh making my mates look twits when i showed them the right answers!