PDA

View Full Version : Best Carbs for a xe?

Nobby
24-03-09, 07:15 PM
Hi guys was just wondering what peoples opinions were on what carbs to got for for a xe? Im looking at some bike carbs and r1s seem to be popular? Ive used search and not really came up with much apart from what i need for the conversion -

Carbs
Manifold
Linkage?? what linkage do i use or throttle cable etc??
What fuel pump?? could i use my xe 1 as well as a facet??
vacuum dizzy?? or do i use a seperate loom??

also what costs in total roughly am i looking at??

any help appreciated cheers:thumb:

Pistol Pete
24-03-09, 07:19 PM
Bike carbs...go to bogg bros for manifolds etc. If your going to run bike carbs get as much with them as you can, linkage, etc.

chimp007_uk
24-03-09, 07:20 PM
R1's...!

I'm in the process of getting round to fitting mine. Linkage wise, use a bike cable, you can get kit car cables off the net if you know the length. Use the R1 fuel pump, or a low pressure pump and get a filter king type reg. Use a cav carb dizzy, or electronic ignition, or mapable ecu.

I bought R1 carbs, manifold, R1 pump, filter king reg, H&H dizzy/coil/loom for £450. Just need some fuel proof hose and a air filter.

Mike
24-03-09, 08:17 PM
Twin 48's IMO.

Nobby
24-03-09, 08:36 PM
R1's...!

I'm in the process of getting round to fitting mine. Linkage wise, use a bike cable, you can get kit car cables off the net if you know the length. Use the R1 fuel pump, or a low pressure pump and get a filter king type reg. Use a cav carb dizzy, or electronic ignition, or mapable ecu.

I bought R1 carbs, manifold, R1 pump, filter king reg, H&H dizzy/coil/loom for £450. Just need some fuel proof hose and a air filter.

Am i being stupid or will the bike cable need modifying to fit my belmont?

did you buy yours in a job lot?