PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Vauxhall V-Grille

nova_saloon
23-03-09, 11:32 PM
Ive loved my Nova ever since i got it, ive treated her well, but when i bought it, it came with the stupid V-Grille in it. And ive always wanted to get an SR grille and they always seem to go for 50quid on ebay, which i am not paying, but i recently made a payment of £25 inc. postage to get a good condition one (yay) but its been over a week and it hasnt come and he doesnt know where it is :S so now im upset. ugly with it isnt it? (oh and yes the bonnet is an off colour because the **** at the store sold be a 2l can of the wrong paint because he was lazy with his mixing!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/pirrip/Vauxhall%20Nova/Photo0070.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/pirrip/Vauxhall%20Nova/Photo0067.jpg

Looks like a stupid french MOUSTACHE

napalm_27
23-03-09, 11:33 PM
how is it attached mate? the v bit to the grill i mean

brainsnova
23-03-09, 11:34 PM
take the v off for now as it looks like the slats havent been cut.

ade
23-03-09, 11:34 PM
Nice SR - the v grill looks like a dodgy tash! Youre right to ditch! I'd just remove it and leave a gaping hole until you get a replacement - if it ever turns up!

Mustard Yellow perchance?

Joe Richardson
23-03-09, 11:37 PM
very nice SR mate:thumb:

nova_saloon
23-03-09, 11:38 PM
Unforutnatly i went down the route of removing it the first day i got it and unfortuantly all the slates are cut and flap around :( with a big hole. is tempting to have a gaping whole. and its a loverly SR few dents were a bunch of kids kicked it :'( yeh got to love that mustard yellow.

nova_saloon
23-03-09, 11:40 PM
how is it attached mate? the v bit to the grill i mean

cut slates and screwed in :(

napalm_27
23-03-09, 11:41 PM
odear pure bodge and run moment then
well iv got a grill like yours but not a sr one

Joe Richardson
23-03-09, 11:41 PM
and its a loverly SR few dents were a bunch of kids kicked it :'( yeh got to love that mustard yellow.

Hope you cought the kids,and dealt with it:mad:

AlexW
23-03-09, 11:44 PM
Big mouth the grill untill you can get a gen SR item.

nova_saloon
23-03-09, 11:44 PM
Hope you cought the kids,and dealt with it:mad:

unfortuantly i didnt, i hated the day i walked outside and saw it, i almost died, because its double skinned there behind the petrol cap were it was kicked i cant do much with it at the moment! but i think what caused it was the clifford being to sensitive one day and started croaking at every thing that was within a 50 mile raidas! and they got irratated

napalm_27
23-03-09, 11:46 PM
theres a special glue gun that you use on body work to pull dents out my mate told me about it the other day have a look into one mate
what they do is stick well enough to the bodywork but not enough to pull the paint off when removed

nova_saloon
23-03-09, 11:50 PM
theres a special glue gun that you use on body work to pull dents out my mate told me about it the other day have a look into one mate
what they do is stick well enough to the bodywork but not enough to pull the paint off when removed

cheers mate i managed to get a window sucker on it and i started pulling and lets just say it was sucky enough and my bum got grazed. the girlfriends dad had a good chuckle whilst watching that lol

Plug
23-03-09, 11:51 PM
you wont use the glue gun if its double skinned u need the miracle puller on that but then will require a light skim and paint

nova_saloon
24-03-09, 12:06 AM
crummy! but deffinatly worth it, the thing will everntually come off the road and be down for a turbo engine and rebuild and repaint ! YAY!