PDA

View Full Version : petrol fallin out

novaluxeplus
23-03-09, 04:45 PM
for some reason when i go round a round a bout or any tightish corner petrol pushes its way out of the filler neck this has ruined the whole drivers side back qtr now it all needs repainting has any one hadthis problem before?? if so how did you fix it?? thanks

Nobby
23-03-09, 04:48 PM
sounds like the seal around the cap matey

Nova_Tek
23-03-09, 04:52 PM
Thats very wierd, how much fuel do you have to have in there for it to do that?

Sounds like the fuel cap seal is past it but I'd also check that the anti-syphon ball in the tank hasn't been let loose. That should stop most fuel from going up the filler neck.

novaluxeplus
23-03-09, 04:59 PM
happens worst with more fuel in but still happens under qtr tank. i had the rubber off and it looks okay i even squeezed two rubbers on the filler cap that just about fit on and it still leaked. how would i check the other thing. im guessin its in the tank lol

Nova_Tek
23-03-09, 05:12 PM
I tired to syphon fuel from my tank in order to do some work on it, I put a long piece of fuel hose down the filler neck and as it got to the entrance of the tank I could feel the anti syphon ball.

Make sure you use fuel hose otherwise other normal hoses will turn to sludge.

mowgli
23-03-09, 05:54 PM
its the anti siphon ball. it is a right pain to do with the tank on the car.
if you drain the tank & take off the fuel sender, you should be able to find it inside the tank. then just find a way to get it back into its cradle.

novaluxeplus
23-03-09, 05:58 PM
so id be able to reach it from inside the car taking the sender out yeah??

let_nova
23-03-09, 06:01 PM
take the tank off.

mowgli
23-03-09, 06:02 PM
so id be able to reach it from inside the car taking the sender out yeah??

the sender is under the back

Ernie
23-03-09, 08:09 PM
you will need to remove the filler neck from the tank and there is a white plastic bit ( as Mogli explained) this has a little ball in it that can fall out thus not stopping the feul from going back up the filler neck.
You are looking for one of these.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/Photo-0043-1.jpg

staggy_gsi
23-03-09, 08:18 PM
had the exact same problem with my old gsi, ruined my nice fresh paint job. i couldnt find an anti-syphon ball for love nor money so i hope you have better luck than me mate...

Nova_Tek
23-03-09, 08:59 PM
Best to drain your tank matey Jim sonny boy. Best way to do it is to get the rear on ramps or jack it up and support it on axle stands. Remove the end of the rubber fuel hose that connects to the fuel pipe that supplies the engine. As soon as you remove it the vacuum will drain all the fuel out of that rubber hose and into a jerry can / large container. I empited 15 litres in about 5 mins.

Have fun

General Baxter
23-03-09, 09:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/chunny01/Photo-0043-1.jpg

looks like a gaboide lol

Ernie
23-03-09, 09:03 PM
a what ?

Nova_Tek
23-03-09, 09:04 PM
lol come to think of it yeah, it does look like them graboids. Just hope it don't get loose otherwise we'll have to run like hell damn b*stards lol

a what ?

I guess you've never seen 'Tremors'

Ernie
23-03-09, 09:08 PM
oh right lol