PDA

View Full Version : santa pod let down

xe Dan
23-03-09, 02:45 PM
a few of my mates went to santa pod yesterday and said it was a rite let down due to there only bein 1 ambulance on site and that was on call so every time it got called away the strip had to stop which at one point was over 2 hours i hope this is sorted before pv as it will just mess the days racing up:(

Joshy_boy
23-03-09, 02:49 PM
Yeah was annoying and i was only watching so the drivers must have got fed up.

in the last 3 times iv been there has been something, first time it was rain all day,second was everyone blowing boxes or turbos,and yesterday with the ambulance.

with abit of luck everything well for pv

BIGS
23-03-09, 02:53 PM
something as big as pvs they will have a few there. they will lose just to much money other wise

Nobby
23-03-09, 04:56 PM
something as big as pvs they will have a few there. they will lose just to much money other wise

:cool:

draper
23-03-09, 08:38 PM
i havent heard anyone say anything good about santa pod for ages, although maybe the ambulance thing wasnt there fault - if theres only 1 'spare' than thats all it is

mowgli
23-03-09, 08:43 PM
i havent heard anyone say anything good about santa pod for ages, although maybe the ambulance thing wasnt there fault - if theres only 1 'spare' than thats all it is

to run a public event, the organiser must by law & within the terms of their insurance provide sufficient emergency cover.... its funny how every race meeting in the land can hire private paramedic support.... you could legitimately demand a refund & get trading standards involved.... then the pod people might just buck their ideas up.

imagine what would happen if there was a serious accident just as most of the punters were trying to leave down that hopeless apology of an access road. the meat wagon would never get out in time.

bmw156
23-03-09, 08:48 PM
good point mowgli.

Stuart
23-03-09, 08:49 PM

lol how cute your little world must be.

POD dont care about anything bar reaping in as much cash as possible with the least outlay.

It would be interesting to see how the facts stand as per Mowglis post

Asa-James
23-03-09, 08:50 PM
i was at pod last summer for GTI festival, rained from 9 til 1, by which point 75% of the cars in the queue had gone home. me and my mate got first run when they started it at about 2, and i managed to get 23 runs in before they called time. so its not always bad!

mowgli
23-03-09, 09:08 PM
It would be interesting to see how the facts stand as per Mowglis post

off the santa pod website....

Facilities & Services at Santa Pod Raceway
Permanent
These facilities and services are available at all events at Santa Pod Raceway.

Toilets with disabled access
Pod Shop
Cash machine
Cafe
Caterers
Fire Engine & Fire Marshals
First Aid, Ambulance & Paramedics
Free parking
Water points
Baby changing
Public telephone
Showers
Security staff
Grandstand seatingEvent Based
These facilities and services are available at our bigger events. Phone 01234 782828 to confirm facilities at a specific event.

every event that is publically advertised at a facility such as the pod has statutary requirements & the event organisers have to prepare & submit risk assessments which need approving before the event can take place..

Stuart
23-03-09, 10:00 PM
OK I meant figures lol.

Ie expected turn out Vs how many qualified FirstAid staff are on hand etc

chimp007_uk
23-03-09, 10:04 PM
I wasn't at POD on Sunday... But I was driving back from the Mrs's in Coventry and I couldn't believe how many people were driving like utter C***S on the M1 afterwards... Some penis in a red RX7 cutting from one lane to ther other at rediculous speed without signalling... Guy needed shooting!

I think people leave that place thinking they have to drag race betweent he traffic all the way home!

dj_wudgey
24-03-09, 12:40 AM
yea it will be ok at pv id have thought!! a big event like that will be ok!!

gtachorley
24-03-09, 12:49 AM
Pod can be gay, but went to a weekender in August last year (Ultimate Street Car) was red hot got hammered all weekend was great, only problem is you wanna shower after first nights drinking and you wouldnt catch me in those scummy showers lol

keithrg
24-03-09, 10:00 AM
Ive been a couple of times one for a weekend, And All the rules set down for camping where ignored. The day was pretty good though. How ever when it came to leaving took 1 and half hours to get from the stands behind start to the road. When you have fcked battery, blown head gasket and no fuel in 25c heat it aint fun, car loaded with camping gear all I can say is good job the nova was light. I pushed it all the way.

The next time I went was for a day. Got in three runs, then their was some specs of drizzle on the screen. They stopped it couldnt believe it. This went on for two hrs. Gave up moved barriers and left to sit in traffic on the m25 for 5hrs. I would only go again to be honest if I was in the area, and would never do a weekend again. £60 in petrol their and back hrs of queing, risk of getting stuck in traffic for three runs that take sub 14sec on that day, Just aint worth it.

The guy in RX7 must have had plenty of fuel left, due to not running. lol

dj_wudgey
24-03-09, 11:11 AM
i like pod me but i dont go small events so that maybe why i have not had any bad experiences there!!

MyNovaSr
24-03-09, 04:36 PM
I wasn't at POD on Sunday... But I was driving back from the Mrs's in Coventry and I couldn't believe how many people were driving like utter C***S on the M1 afterwards... Some penis in a red RX7 cutting from one lane to ther other at rediculous speed without signalling... Guy needed shooting!

I think people leave that place thinking they have to drag race betweent he traffic all the way home!

I agree, Last time I went to PVS it was the same, was like a vauxhall racetrack on the motorway. I can imagine that if the pack of vauxhalls went past a police car they would target the lonely little 1.2 at the back of the pack, so i'm ok ;) lol

Oh and last time I was at pod 2 weeks back it rained like a c unt