PDA

View Full Version : problem with C20XE

L33 LEG
23-03-09, 10:48 AM
my engine is nearly completed now and ready to run. i put some water in to see if theres any leaks and it was coming out of a place underneath the throttle on the inlet. its a 19mm nut on a hollow thread. two water pipes go over it and it looks like it should have a pipe on the end of it (looks the same size as the one on the rocker cover on the right hand side. neither of these have anything coming off it, are these meant to be connected?

anyway the problem i have is that whilst tightening this thread it snapped :roll: before i take off the inlet and get the thread out of it and replace it, do i need it as i dont see what its for? looks like the water pipes are nothing to do with it and it is used as somesort of connector, and also that water pipe is leading to nowhere (ie, isnt connected) but no water comes out the end. where does this go?

sorry for the vague description, but im wanting to test my engine out and this is a problem i didnt want to come across :(

Lee H
23-03-09, 03:57 PM
The one in the middle is a breather and should be connected to the rocker cover. The water pipe near the alternator should then go to one of the other connectors and then a pipe from the other side of the connector should T into the top expansion tank hose.

Guess you can probably bypass the water part but pretty sure you will need the breather to avoid the inlet leaking vaccuum!

L33 LEG
23-03-09, 05:06 PM
cheers mate, thats what i thought and i forgot about the t piece. il just take the inlet off and do it proper :)