PDA

View Full Version : When?????

thegingerwhinger
22-03-09, 09:58 PM
when is a nova beyond repair??? ie how rusty would it have to be for some of you guys to say **** that scrap it ill find another shell, i appreciate novas are hard to find so do you think rotters are worth the hassle to fix?? opinions, views plz:)

let_nova
22-03-09, 10:00 PM
all down to personal views. depends how much money you have. lol

srs1
22-03-09, 10:01 PM
it all depends on your skills with a welder, weather you are doing it to learna dn time os not a object.

and money obviously if you are paying for someone to do it.

mint shells are still out there and can be bought for decent money.

final says is yours at the end of it.

wilson_sri
22-03-09, 10:04 PM
IIRC Austins saloon was a pretty rusty shell. But is now one of the best out there. If you have the skills and tools to do it, why not give it a bash!

thegingerwhinger
22-03-09, 10:18 PM
its not me personally, i can weld etc etc and have plenty clean nova shells in stock but theres a guy wanting me to build a road track car and its a ****ter of a shell but he insists he wants it built, im just trying to find out when to say bolt!!!lol

ade
22-03-09, 10:27 PM
just make sure you get the cash up front for the work you have to do.

I'd call it a day if the structural integrety of the car (eg chassis members) were more patchwork than original metal

tom reid
22-03-09, 10:34 PM
just make sure you get the cash up front for the work you have to do.

I'd call it a day if the structural integrety of the car (eg chassis members) were more patchwork than original metal

Can't agree with that, it all depends on personal choice really, chassis members can be replaced if their too far gone, or they can be patched with a thicker material, putting the strength back in, and lets be honest, Nova's need as much strength as possible.lol

My Nova was the carpiest one I'd ever come across, but it was my Nova and I was going to fix it.

novait
22-03-09, 10:35 PM
it depends on how much you want the car.i always find the more time and effort you put into one car the better you fill about owning/driving it.it some hting youve done and some thing you want.

i found a huge hole in the sill of mine yesterday so today i spend all day trying to patch it up just so it get throught the mot next week and to stop it from getting and worse than it was and next weekend im going to fit a brand new sill to it.

but thats just me. lol

dj_wudgey
23-03-09, 11:34 AM
im the same id rather fix them it gives you a beter sense off achivement!!

thegingerwhinger
23-03-09, 08:36 PM
well boys its a rotter its had a botched roof skin fitted so the pillars are rotten and so is the battery tray and right down the bulkhead!!! think its getting scrapped!!!

brainsnova
23-03-09, 08:39 PM
well boys its a rotter its had a botched roof skin fitted so the pillars are rotten and so is the battery tray and right down the bulkhead!!! think its getting scrapped!!!

Daltons FTW by the sounds of it.

thegingerwhinger
23-03-09, 10:22 PM
Daltons FTW by the sounds of it.

your right matey, where in east lothian are you based??