PDA

View Full Version : Im finaly back on the nova scean!!! with a track slag

Jamie D
22-03-09, 07:18 PM
after crashing my 1.2 luxe plus into the back of some french crap (a saxo) like an amature :roll: , i got rid of my beloveid nova :cry: I was then after a nova gsi, i looked on the forums but didnt come across any so oddly bought a vts powerd ****roen ax gt (i said i would never go french and i did :tard: ..NEVER AGAIN!!! ) i had nothing but trouble with the ax from day one :mad: , but admittedly it was a lot of fun when runing right..It pulled away from clio sports and was side by side with a new civic type r, which for a standard 120bhp engine surprised me..5 month down the line and roughly 20 problems later ive had enuff with the ax!!! so i was on the prowl for anouther nova and came across one on piston heads and it was xe'd with kent cams and vernier pulleys going for £1800 so decided to buy it as it was very cleane and had the mk 1 kit on which i love,also has an hydrolic handbrake which is nice :) bucket seats, roll cage, alloy fuel cell, perspex windows, ect ect it runs like a dream..anyways hear are some pics comments welcome but no badones lol :thumb: p.s sorry about the washing on the line, these are my first pics :D
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j182/JamieD_Photos/SP_A0300.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j182/JamieD_Photos/943512-1.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j182/JamieD_Photos/SP_A0292.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j182/JamieD_Photos/SP_A0293.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j182/JamieD_Photos/SP_A0294.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j182/JamieD_Photos/SP_A0295.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j182/JamieD_Photos/SP_A0298.jpg

Joe Richardson
22-03-09, 07:21 PM
looks stunning:thumb:

needs a dashboard in though:)

Southie
22-03-09, 07:21 PM
Welcome back. :thumb: That's a nice tidy xe slag :)

Adam
22-03-09, 07:22 PM
Looks cool as fook that, liking the wheels in white.

Maybe a grey/black stripe on the bumpers?

staggy_gsi
22-03-09, 07:24 PM
im sure that used to be around scarborough last year. looks alot better now if it is the same one

Spudly
22-03-09, 07:34 PM
Wow thats cool as fook mate nice buy:thumb:

Jamie D
thanks for the nice replys all :thumb: was thinking about putting a mk2 dash in or mabe some gauge pods if not. the car was bought from cheshire, was brought back on an a frame, i wasnt to impressed when we had to stop on the hard shoulder because the chains wernt wrapped up right and were clinking on the floor, there was dust everywere :roll:

let_nova
very nice mate

jayme taylor
22-03-09, 07:38 PM
sweet ride !

did i spot 2 handbreak levers ?

Jamie D
22-03-09, 07:42 PM
haha yess you did :D and they both work ;) still havent a clue how it is set up with the rear brakes yet though..could anyone shed any light??

Graeme
22-03-09, 07:59 PM
I don't think you can beat the look of a white gte especially for a track car

shaneyboi35
22-03-09, 09:56 PM
yes looks a good buy there mate, i was going to ask about the two handbreak levers, any plans for it ?

stevei
22-03-09, 10:02 PM
are they mark 3 astra sport wheels? car looks mint pal. well done. whens your first track outing?

ste

Benn
22-03-09, 10:08 PM
Very nice, maybe something over the clocks to keep the sun off them?

thegingerwhinger
22-03-09, 10:22 PM
haha yess you did :D and they both work ;) still havent a clue how it is set up with the rear brakes yet though..could anyone shed any light??
i know for mot purposes you need a mechaical device to slow car down ie handbrake to cables but that doesnt stop you also having a hydraulic handbrake plumbed in aswell goint to rear.

tom reid
22-03-09, 10:48 PM
Very nice rally looking slag, I'd be inclined to get some sort of firewall/cover over the fuel tank though, elfnsafety likelol, is that a bad commentlol

calibra-keith
23-03-09, 01:41 AM
looks a nice nova that, welcome back :thumb:

L33 LEG
23-03-09, 10:52 AM
Very nice, maybe something over the clocks to keep the sun off them?

mine is like that and the sun isnt really a problem.

looks mint though :thumb: any plans for it?

Jay
23-03-09, 11:00 AM
Very nice. What cage is that?

Jay.

dj_wudgey
23-03-09, 11:16 AM
very nice matey nice peice off kit youve got there!!!

Riggy
23-03-09, 02:56 PM
very nice mate , will have to grab gaz and come have a nosy at this sometime soon :thumb:

Jamie D
23-03-09, 06:56 PM
thanks everyone :thumb: these good comments make me feal even better about getting rid of the ax :D i havent a clue what type of cage is in it jay, the wheels are off the astra sport ste, i think they realy suite the car. Im thinking about putting gauges in the car keep it to a minimal and i need to change the pedals as they are maxpower lol then mabe an uprated fuel pump and power cap, it has blue injectors which a friend said was a good thing :) the engine is mint its had new oil pump, new water pump, new timeing belt and a service k1 raceing leads ect ect. i need to put a fuel filter on and make a fuel sender unit somehow as it doesnt have one on :gay:apart from that there isnt much i would change on the car. needs mot so im putting it threw some time next week, i would say this nova is in better nick than my last and that failed on only a bulb. the ax vts is going in a thought night for £1000 i bought it for £1200 and its in better condition now than it was when i bought it. but it needs a gearbox as it snips in second has done it since day one but just havent been intrested in it haha. I will be attending the performance vauxhall show and the annual meet and hopefully get it out on the track sometime soon..riggy you and gaz can come have a look at it mate when you want :thumb:

let_nova
23-03-09, 07:08 PM
looks good pal rep coming.

let me know if you need any gauges

ashjones
23-03-09, 07:58 PM
no dash ftw

twin40s
23-03-09, 08:07 PM
very nice how many owners has it had now. seen it sold a fair few times even saw it get sold for £3000 last year i think.Has it still got the carbon buckets seats worth bout £700 anyway pucka car mate look forward to seeing it in the flesh somtime.

Rexy
23-03-09, 08:18 PM
Jamie..... just seen you go past in the little ax actually lol... Do i have a new Track friend now... would be nice to get the ****er on oulton for a good days funn :D

Jamie D
23-03-09, 08:25 PM
it was last sold for £1700 lastyear it was down essex, i bought it from cheshire, the guy said it had a misfire and found it was a dodgey wireing loom. i had such a smile on my face when i took it out for a test drive that i didnt check how meny previouse owners it has lol but checked all the useual rust spots and its all cleane as a whistle..the engine bay has been seemwelded and has the chris astley strenghthening kit also :)

Jamie D
23-03-09, 08:31 PM
Yooo Rexy :p long time no speak man :) yeah i just took the ax for a spin its been off road for a few days just put a new alternator on it..did you see the mk1 golf gti cab behind me?? was haveing a play with it i dont think it had a chance though im a bit tight realy lol :D he tried and gave up when i put mi foot down haha..yeah you have a new track mate rexy will be straight round yours when its on the road ;) hopefully within the next 3 week :thumb:

Rexy
23-03-09, 08:48 PM
good lad, i'll speak to you and i will get oulton park booked for a day... Or if your up for a midnight run with me and chris we will do the evo triangle in wales :P

Jamie D
23-03-09, 08:55 PM
OoOoOo Yeshhhhh sounds good mate absolutely love the roads around whales :thumb: ..i drove down carmarthenshire for my roll cage i had in the outher nova went round a mountain pass were rallys are held, it was aweeesome :) apart from it being a 1.2..i think i would leave a mess in my pants if i took my new baby round :wisewood: haha

Rexy
23-03-09, 09:00 PM
you will be in good company, two clio 172's :D

No doubt i will see you flying about in it once its onroad make sure you stop off and have a chat. Get some TEST track lap times in lol :P

twin40s
23-03-09, 09:38 PM
it sold for 3800 once you got a bargain lol

look here http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91063

Jamie D
23-03-09, 10:08 PM
sweet should be good fun rexy :thumb: haha yeah will take you for a spin mate like i did when i got my ax LOL set some test track times around checkabent Lmao how good is it around there :) soon as i seen the car on piston heads i knew it was a bargain (twin 40s) no way yeah thats the guy who had it down essex MAD :D