PDA

View Full Version : Neighbourhood Watch + your car

Nova1.6
11-01-03, 01:49 AM
After all the recent posts about thefts it made me think about this...

In my village of Dore which is not big at all, between 1st and 31st December there were 77 thefts and 44 of them were from veichles, 14 of them came from a road 2 roads from me, luckly none on our road. If u become a neighbourwatch co-ordanator then you can have all this information, it gets sent to you. My dad is one so we get automated phone calls telling us of the latest crimes in our area, it's quite scarey how close some of them are to my house.
He very rarely attends the meetings that are held i think about once a month but still gets all this info.
Just thought i'd let you know as this information is very useful to me and makes me glad ive got a good alarm.

If you haven't got an alarm, GET ONE, u'll only get one after it's too late.

?Marty?
11-01-03, 02:36 AM
Yeah an alarm is very important. Fair enough they may still smash your window first, but maybe they'll run off. And it's still better than having the inside ripped apart.

Though with mine, i've had loads of vandalism too. Unfortunately. I haven't provoked it or anything, but i keep my car on the street (it never got anything done outside my house, but everytime i leave it elsewhere - outside a restaurant/friends house etc) and sometimes it's spraypaint or whatever, and that doesn't even set the alarm off.

The car seems to be targetted though (it 'stands out' a fair bit), as it's isolated from every one elses. Even expensive Beemers and etc.

It's really annoying, coz i'm about to get the bodywork sorted out (again) and there's nothing to prevent it from happening again. There's no garages to rent or anything for miles anywhere near i live.

RobIsGrt18
11-01-03, 11:56 AM
so many little fecking thieves about, most my m8's have had there car broken into at least once!! alarms are v.important..cant stress it enuff!!

Ric 16v
11-01-03, 06:19 PM
there's one thing you could do, move to the country !!! your car wouldn't get touched, my village is a VERY VERY low crime area, even though I knew my car wouldn't get nicked of vandalised when it went on the road, (it was sat down the drive for about 6 months untill I could drive) but the first thing I got was an alarm and immobiliser, THEN I modified it not the other way round like most people do, whats the point in spending all of your money on modifying it then waiting till it gets nicked then fit an alarm if you get it back that is !!!! how many times do people have to be told, get an alarm and immobiliser fitted NOW !!!!!

ollster
12-01-03, 01:27 PM
I didnt think sheff was too bad for car crime, my mate went to leeds last night (he's driving a peugot 306 during the winter) they have broke in and stole his cd changer + changer cable (that took me 2 hours to fit :evil:). The worst thing about it all is that he didnt know they had broke into his car untill he put his head unit in and tried to put a cd on and it wouldnt work. They had broke in through the passenger door so he didnt see the missing lock, they had put his head unit back in and even locked his car up again afterwards.