PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?!

Anonymous
17-11-00, 09:08 AM
Hey all! Right I have just bought a D reg Nova 1.3 SR. Needs a lot of work. The wheel arches are rusty, the oil filter leaks, the batteries almost dead, one of the CV Joints has gone. But the most worrying thing about it is that whenever I put my foot down or thrash the thing, loads (AND I MEAN LOADS!) of white smoke pours out the back. I thought it might be oil in the petrol, but that would be blue smoke. What the hell is going on. And where the fuck should I start on this car?

Anonymous
17-11-00, 09:40 AM
sell it mate, sounds more hassel than it's worth.

Anonymous
17-11-00, 09:43 AM
Could just be condensation in the cold wether, my GTE kicks out a fair bit of steam (yes I have cheked for head gasket breach!). If it`s using coolant, you have checked the level haven`t u? then the head gaskets fucked.

Anonymous
17-11-00, 10:39 AM
The white smoke will be steam, sounds like the head gasket is leaking letting water in ti the bores, not to bad a fault, but fit a new one NOW! or you could trash the engine. Oil filter is about ?5 new battery ?20 and CV from scrappers ?10 from Dixons vauxhall spares (breakers). You can get arch repair panels, cut the old out and weld new ones in. cheers Paul

Anonymous
17-11-00, 12:36 PM
thats an easy question the best thing u an do is get rid of the ****, dan's right its more trouble than its worth

chris

Anonymous
17-11-00, 01:09 PM
Keith is write, the cold weather and the fact that nearly 80% of emmisions from a car are water(steam) makes plenty of white smoke.
my 1.4 sr is the same. Do what Paul said and get those parts, but a cheaper option for the arches is to get them rolled up as u would to fit bigger alloys
but if the arches are really bad, the repair panels are the way to go....Good luck