PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Vehicle Purchase Protection

djshaggeh
21-03-09, 12:19 PM
My friend was looking for camper van and came accross the perfect one on gumtree. It turns out it really was too good to be true. After emailing the 'owner' a few times and asking general questions my friend then finally said that he was intrested in buying the camper. The 'owner' then replied asking my friend to purchase the car through 'Ebay Vehicle Purchase Protection'. Fortunatly my friend looked into 'Ebay Vehicle Purchase Protection' and it turns out to be a scam.

Anyways, this was his reply:

Dude, bit gutted you're not actually selling the camper I was really interested - was over my budget but thought what the hey. Turns out it was a scam, very clever one I got to admit but having been caught out several years ago in my ebay youth I check everything in detail.

Rule 1: Never use MoneyGram / Western Union / send cash
Rule 2: Time pressure, makes you try and skip the basics
Rule 3: Check the email domain, server4ebay.com? Confirm the domain - not ebay

Also why would you want to sell this through ebay but not list on ebay when you could have got a higher price.
As for not sending me photos well that's because you haven't got any more...

Checking in further detail I see all picture links go to 'ebaytastic'?!?!
Also contact email is member.secure@consultant.com?!?
Copyright at the bottom expires 2008 (we're now 2009)

A bit of research and it shows that 'Ebay Vehicle Protection' is a scam - a clever one. Checking my ebay messages and nothing has been received so this isn't genuine. Sent the email to spoof@ebay.com and they've confirmed it is fraudulent. Reported listing on Gumtree to them and it has been removed.

Thanks but no thanks

As for being deaf, I assume this is because you don't have the guts to speak to your potential victims. If it is true then I hope it is chronic, I also wish that you lose you vision, speech and become a wheelchair bound cabbage. I hope your mother is raped, your dad have a fatal car accident and any other relation a slow and painful death. People of your gene pool do not deserve a place on this earth and are a **** stain on the underpants of society.

:thumb:

AlexW
21-03-09, 01:24 PM
Great write up and a nice heads up.

jimbob-mcgrew
21-03-09, 01:30 PM
jesus... u nutjob
u got a hangover m8 ?