PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel front and back movement

doug_sri
21-03-09, 02:27 AM
Hi,

I have used my nova on a couple of track days over the years and I have always had a problem with a juddering from the front left wheel on certain bits of the track, this is noticible as my mate noticed my wheel doing it when I was on the track and he was watching. he said my wheels was moving side to side but having looked at it I have never found anything obvious, its not making it hard to drive but just wondered what a cure could be? Seems more noticible when im driving downhill on one bit of track going round a left hander.
Nova has always had a 2.0 with F20 although last time had a 2.0 turbo with F28 and quaife atb, has polly bushes on the front, coilovers with 300lb springs i think, strengthened lower arms and running 15" wheels.

Only thing I have never changed is the top mount, this looked ok last time I looked at it but could this be my problem? If so whats the best top mounts I could get?

Cheers

mowgli
21-03-09, 08:02 AM
to get front and back movement, it must be the tie bar mountings. even if its been polybushed, the bushes wear out.

doug_sri
21-03-09, 06:18 PM
the tie mounts/cross member were lowered and poly bushes fitted when I fitted the c20let and since then ive only used it once so cant see the bushes being worn already. Need to get it up on the ramp and have a proper look at it i suppose.

Thanks