PDA

View Full Version : 2 problems, should i give up or not

uk1charlie
10-01-03, 07:41 PM
ive got a 88 sr and its been off the road a while, but every now and then i turn it over and leave it running 4 a bit but when it is running the idle drops low and it starts loosing power sometimes cuts out.
My next problem is the lights that light the speedo etc. they went out ages ago and aint been back on since, i replaced all them little bulbs in the back of the speedo,clocks etc. but still no joy. I cant remember whether i replaced the the fuses but i was thinkin it might of been when i replaced the brake light bulb cos i did this on my birds foggy and it blew the lights completely cos the daft p*%ck at the garage gave me the wrong bulbs........................some 1 pls offer any help as i dont know whether to do this car up or scrap it.........i really wanna do it up but cant b spending a fortune on it until i get it mot'd again

Chris LR
10-01-03, 07:51 PM
Calm down!

The Idle adjust screw may solve your problems.

Check your fuses, Does the rev counter and the other gauges work?

Euan
11-01-03, 07:21 PM
av got an 88 sr and if that was the only problems i had i'd be the happiest guy on this forum. it aint gonna cost a lot to fix and u might learn sumthin whilst ur doin it!!!!