PDA

View Full Version : I love dvla they are awsome lol

BIGS
20-03-09, 01:34 PM
As some of you know ive sent my log book off to change the engine size to 2.0. And some said they can ask for proof of the change and even sva. And ive just got the log book back and it dont need to do nothing, they just changed it all over :D result !

hc coupe
20-03-09, 01:39 PM
Wicked, I need to get this done.

Is it as simple as just changing the cc in the little box ?
How long did it take to get back to you ?

and as I'm on a roll of asking questions.....

If you buy road tax as a 1.2, change up the whatever size the new engine is, how do they get their road tax monies, they don't tend to miss a trick do they?

L14MNP
20-03-09, 01:42 PM
^ Need engine number too mate.

Nice one BIGS. All depends on who processes your paperwork IMO. I was lucky too. Registered an engine that has never been in a car so the number won't have been recorded I don't think and they swapped CC and engine no. no hassle at all :)

BIGS
20-03-09, 01:42 PM
Yea its very easy. Just write what you need to change over like engine size, seats if its only going to have two ect. Ifi was you ill do it now. Took less then a week to get back to me!

And with the tax im not 100% sure. id guess yo take it to the post office and say its this size engine then they charge you what extra it is

BIGS
20-03-09, 01:43 PM
^ Need engine number too mate.

Nice one BIGS. All depends on who processes your paperwork IMO. I was lucky too. Registered an engine that has never been in a car so the number won't have been recorded I don't think and they swapped CC and engine no. no hassle at all :)

That cool, isnt it nice when things go nice and smooth :D

areofall
20-03-09, 04:07 PM
I hate them, went today to tax my old classic moped, fully insured, full mot, ID and they would do it for me, as it's from England and need the old owners to change the name.

amggsi
20-03-09, 04:14 PM
I hate them, went today to tax my old classic moped, fully insured, full mot, ID and they would do it for me, as it's from England and need the old owners to change the name.

Do you have the old owners address at all?

Riggy
20-03-09, 05:51 PM
i had both with them , the first time i swapped engine in my nova i went up a tax band and they just did it , the 2nd time i swapped it , it was in the same band , but they wanted a official letter from vauxhall, not just any garage or the rac as normal , vauxhall to state that my car had this certain engine number in ,

luckly enough a local vaux is also a vxr tuner and they are all car mad ,so when i took the nova in they loved it and did it for £20 there and then

Bubba
20-03-09, 05:59 PM
im still waiting for my licence to come...just so i can send it back for points

brainsnova
20-03-09, 06:11 PM
BIGS dvla knew you were a legend as i mentioned it to them lol

BIGS
20-03-09, 06:49 PM
BIGS dvla knew you were a legend as i mentioned it to them lol

lol Your are a star, thats why it came back so fast then :D

I guess i have to give you rep now lol

Woohoo guess who has there forth blob :)

Benn
20-03-09, 09:01 PM
Pfft, it took the 3trys and 2years to get mine sorted.

Bu they never asked for an writtrers or anything.

John
20-03-09, 09:10 PM
Took 3 gos and a year to sort mine, bigs you were lucky. They're fooking timewasting cnuts.

Graeme
20-03-09, 09:13 PM
I agree with John, I've been waiting over four weeks for my retention certificate and still no sign of it, when I called them they said it was being processed and thats all they could tell me

mowgli
20-03-09, 09:17 PM
we changed the tax code on 2 tractors so we could use them for road transport, on derv. we went to the regional office in nottingham & the bloke was excellent, we sorted out everything twice & paid up.... one came back ok, & the other one was rejected with a letter detailing how they wanted us to get an mot & type approval details for the trailers that we would be pulling.... we rang them up and asked a supervisor why had they ok'ed one but not the other, after a couple of days, it was ok'ed..........

Benn
20-03-09, 09:20 PM
Took 3 gos and a year to sort mine, bigs you were lucky. They're fooking timewasting cnuts.

Glad it wasnt just me that got it then.

BIGS
20-03-09, 09:20 PM
bloody hell some of you havent had much luck with them. I must be one of the very few lucky ones then

mowgli
20-03-09, 09:25 PM
/\ there could be a follow up letter on your doorstep in the morning, telling you to paint it orange & rip the doors off......

John
20-03-09, 09:32 PM
The first time i sent it off with the changes, they sent it back exactly the same as i'd sent it, with no explaination whatsoever!

Benn
20-03-09, 09:44 PM
The first time i sent it off with the changes, they sent it back exactly the same as i'd sent it, with no explaination whatsoever!

Hahaha me to about 3times, then after about a year and a half it came back blue,(yes i did writer to them asking about it, no one could help) sent it back, 6months later it came back blue and with an xe but with my name spelt wrong, sent it back. 5days later it came back with my name right. A week later a 2nd turned up too. Piss take really.

nathan.
20-03-09, 11:07 PM
Think it depends on who deals with it.

I had to proof my 2.0 was fitted with an engineers report

nova_saloon
20-03-09, 11:51 PM
****er, i sent mine off about 3 weeks ago and they sent it back saying i need proof, so i got to go to a garage now, you lucky git

andy_017
20-03-09, 11:54 PM
The dvla are a bunch of *****!

Benn
21-03-09, 08:12 AM
****er, i sent mine off about 3 weeks ago and they sent it back saying i need proof, so i got to go to a garage now, you lucky git

Take a photo of the engine fitted and send it to them with the log book.
Thats proof.

Spudly
21-03-09, 10:24 AM
When i did my old one a couple of years back i just filled in the v5 with the new engine number and cc and took it to my local office (in beverly for the local lads) and they sent it off for me and re-issued my altered tax disc there and then with no engineers report or anything!