PDA

View Full Version : fuel gauge over read

xe Dan
20-03-09, 09:09 AM
rite ive bought my new car and one of the things with it is when the fuel tank is empty it reads quarter of a tank wot would u say is causing this and how can it be sorted as i will forget and run out some where lol :thumb:

novaxe235
20-03-09, 09:12 AM
i would say the sender in the tank is the problem .

xe Dan
20-03-09, 09:13 AM
how easy is this to change in a gsi ??

novaxe235
20-03-09, 10:20 AM
as far as i remember take the base of the o/s rear seat out i think theres a plate that un-bolts to allow you to remove the sender from the tank pretty simple really

mowgli
20-03-09, 10:25 AM
as far as i remember take the base of the o/s rear seat out i think theres a plate that un-bolts to allow you to remove the sender from the tank pretty simple really

not on a nova..... they are under the back of the tank its a plate with a few screws in it & the fuel feed pipe.
as its an injection, there will be several litres in there sloshing about, jack the back right up in the air and then be careful.. petrol+eye= AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

xe Dan
20-03-09, 10:28 AM
can u still buy them new ?? and petrol+eye had that before lol

novaxe235
20-03-09, 10:30 AM
not on a nova..... they are under the back of the tank its a plate with a few screws in it & the fuel feed pipe.
as its an injection, there will be several litres in there sloshing about, jack the back right up in the air and then be careful.. petrol+eye= AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!ah i did say as far as i remeber its been along time i must be thinking of the old e30 bmw's then.sorry to of miss informed you mate .

xe Dan
20-03-09, 10:32 AM
i think corsas are from the top lol thanks any way