PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

nova_saloon
19-03-09, 11:38 PM
My crank pulley is wobling like like a fat kid just wondering if i have it the right way round just saw this picture and it has it an odd way round

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/pirrip/_JAK0006.jpg

but this way is the way i have it, am i correct?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/pirrip/_JAK0035.jpg

and there is any think i can do to stop it wobbling so much? apart from cleaning the place where it mates, anyone got one for sale maybe?

Cheers :thumb:

nova_saloon
20-03-09, 12:06 AM
anyone :'(

burgo
20-03-09, 12:09 AM
why dont you just try it the other way round!!!! or does that make sence

Asa-James
20-03-09, 12:10 AM
if its wobbling then theres something trapped behind it not letting it sit flush to the car--are there any locater pegs on the crank itself for the original pulley to sit on? also, the pully needs to sit so that it lines up with the alternater, otherwise the belt wont run right, so really it can only go on one way, as it will stick out too far the ohter way. looking at the pulley setup on those pics, id say pic 1 is how you want it

edit, burgo do we nova owners ever do sensible/clever/obvious?

AlexW
20-03-09, 12:10 AM
i need new eyes now :(

burgo
20-03-09, 12:14 AM
if its wobbling then theres something trapped behind it not letting it sit flush to the car--are there any locater pegs on the crank itself for the original pulley to sit on? also, the pully needs to sit so that it lines up with the alternater, otherwise the belt wont run right, so really it can only go on one way, as it will stick out too far the ohter way. looking at the pulley setup on those pics, id say pic 1 is how you want it

edit, burgo do we nova owners ever do sensible/clever/obvious?i like to think i do sometimes. serves him right for buying ebay tat

MK999
20-03-09, 12:16 AM
How DO you engineer a pulley for power exactly? polish it so it slips a bit when the engines going for it?

Asa-James
20-03-09, 12:19 AM
lightweight alumininininium, y0

ebay tat, shaving those extra grams where it doesnt really matter:thumb:

nova_saloon
20-03-09, 12:29 AM
actually now ur assuming ****e! and that just annoying, i didnt buy any alloy pulley off ebay, and i didnt even state that. mine is wobbling cause it to piss oil, mine was a double v bellt pulley that i shoved on a lathe and cut it down to make it a single v belt pulley and its wobbling i was going to check if there was anything behind it tomorrow, but i just thought there could be another problem with it that i may not know, and i just uised that picture as an example i thought pic one was wrong because every other picture ive seen its bolted on so that picture 2 is faceing you. But obviously you want to assume im some twit that bought a nova and was like, yeh wicked man i iz gunna stick a 2litres in ma car init, wicked LOLOLOLOL!!!! which is just annoying cause i was only asking for help NOVASR-ish kindly answered! honestly i didnt see the point of an alloy one but dont assume!

burgo
20-03-09, 12:37 AM
so your comparing your pulley to one that is nothing like it and not telling us that and then wondering why you get false replies!!! noob. it also helps if you put it in the right catagory

nova_saloon
20-03-09, 12:39 AM
no that why i said picture number two looks liike mine, because it does despite it being cut down from a double v belt crank pulley, and not a noob christ more assumtionsm, arnt u a little old for childness. and only reason in muppet corner is because i just needed it posted up as i want to get to bed and it was quick and easy and i was really just wondering if there was anything else to check apart from remove crap from behind it. so if you didnt have any other hints or tips why bother.

burgo
20-03-09, 12:46 AM
to be honest because you used a big gay font i just scaned through it instead of reading it properly.

also i dont see how posting it in muppet is any quicker or easier than posting it in technical

nova_saloon
20-03-09, 12:47 AM
you just going to pick and pick so you can win an argument. i did a big font cause its people like you that flick through it and read wrong and make assumtions!!! and get things wrong and dont end up helping.

burgo
20-03-09, 12:49 AM
shut up. if you want a serious answer use the correct section. this is muppet and im being a muppet

Sloth
20-03-09, 12:53 AM
/\/\make it underdrive/\/\/\. the pics are just 2 different ways of making a single v pulley. id take yours back off, clean it with some sand paper in the cutout for the cambelt crank pulley, and rebuild it.

nova_saloon
20-03-09, 12:53 AM
less of being and more of are a muppet! but i got a serious answer out of novaSR-ish because he can over look the fact that im in the end just asking a question! weather its in the right sections doesnt realy effect that fact.

nova_saloon
20-03-09, 12:54 AM
and slothsport1 thanks you very much see burgo, not all people are muppets :)

burgo
20-03-09, 12:56 AM
na rob is deffinetly a muppet

nova_saloon
20-03-09, 01:02 AM
ok dont know who that is, but i appologise for calling you a muppet in a mood and wasnt in the mood for insults and assumtions about things that arnt true or helpful! just silly

Sloth
20-03-09, 01:11 AM
you cheeky git burgo!!!!!!!! nova-saloon, dont worry, its burgos time of the month....

nova_saloon
20-03-09, 01:21 AM
think its mine to to be fair. long day at work today, thanks for the reply was gunna give that a go anyways.

but he hasnt accepted my appologie :'( well upset bout that :P

Sloth
20-03-09, 01:25 AM
aww bless. dont worry were all stressed mate atm. hope its easy fixed.

nova_saloon
20-03-09, 10:40 AM
bless!!!! I DETEST! and we all are, but cheers anyways and i hope that to cant be bothered with more winding up!

Rich
20-03-09, 07:53 PM
Clean it up its probably not sitting flush. When you bolt it on, do opposite bolts so, top, bottom, left, right etc. This way it will pull it flush to the crank pully