PDA

View Full Version : holiday advice

white2lSR
19-03-09, 09:15 PM
Were planning going away somewhere this summer, in this country for a hassle free chill out holiday as it will be the first time we have been away since our daughter was born.
Im up for anything camping/static caravan rental/holiday cottage.Any location considered in the UK. Just wondering if anyone has any sugestions from expierience.

I am quite drawn to a camping holiday on a quiet tent only site where my daughter can run around without us worrying too much.

Any help greatfully recieved. Im going to have to get something booked soon.

Oh and I dont want to spend a fortune. The less the better :thumb:

mowgli
19-03-09, 09:19 PM
http://www.sunhavenvalley.com/

mawgan porth cornwall, just north of newquay. excellent family friendly beach, good campsite.

woolacombe bay in devon is excellent too

John
19-03-09, 09:19 PM
Cornwall or the lakes i'd say. I'm off to near perranporth for a few weeks, near the beach, lots to do and see. We're going in a top of the range static caravan, not cheap but just that bit better than camping. How about these

http://www.trevornick.co.uk/staying-at-trevornick/super-eurotents-in-cornwall.html

John
19-03-09, 09:20 PM
Yep woolacoombe is excellent too! Beach there is superb.

mowgli
19-03-09, 09:23 PM
Yep woolacoombe is excellent too! Beach there is superb.

the pasty shop is ace & the red barn pub is good too.

I'm doing Croyde bay this year, my kids are big on body boarding & the surf there is ace.

white2lSR
19-03-09, 09:35 PM
Cornwall or the lakes i'd say. I'm off to near perranporth for a few weeks, near the beach, lots to do and see. We're going in a top of the range static caravan, not cheap but just that bit better than camping. How about these

http://www.trevornick.co.uk/staying-at-trevornick/super-eurotents-in-cornwall.html

The lakes dont do anything for me, ive lived here for 27 years! lol

DW-Nova
19-03-09, 09:38 PM
Mate i couldnt reccomend the Isle Of Wight enough ! It's absolutley brilliant ! just a really nice atmosphere, lots of nice beaches and plenty to do should you want, plus as you go on a ferry (either from Portsmouth or Southampton) it seems really exciting as a little kid, like your going off to a different country well worth a trip !

Sloth
19-03-09, 09:39 PM
we stayed at winborne minster last year and the site was amazing, we had a telly and ps2 innthe tent.... very cheap too

blue_peg_16v
19-03-09, 10:01 PM
cornwall would get my vote mate, used to go every year as a kid and loved it still try to go as often as possible now

white2lSR
19-03-09, 10:03 PM
i did try and find one of those sites that is like in a padock on a farm where tents are only allowed. Only problem is the farmers dont have wesites!

Andy
19-03-09, 10:07 PM
Only problem is the farmers dont have wesites!
I think the general rule is that you can wee anywhere...............lollol
Definately South west-Beautiful areas there.Why not post in the south west region asking in there?

ade
19-03-09, 10:46 PM
one of the best holidays I went on was a drive holiday round Ireland. Took 2 weeks and did 3k.

Started in Belfast for 1 nightm, went up the Antrim coast, Giants causeway, across the top of NI then down the west coast to Galway - right down to the ring of Kerry then across to waterford and finished with 3 days in Dublin.

Camped, B&B'd and 1 night about a busy pub with the wife (then gf) - was absolutely brilliant!

If your daughter likes Balamory kids program then go to the Isle of Mull. Superb island, very friendly people and iuf you time it right you can catch the Isle of Mull Rally!

Tobermory (Balamory in pretend world) is great and they still really get onto the spirit of the tv show. For a real relax try Isle of Arran - stay in the Auchenranie Spa resort - really good value - kid friendly and has hundreds of things to do on the site - or go walking in the hills...

I fancied cornwall for hols this year but now we're moving house that's put paid to that idea for now...

Asa-James
19-03-09, 11:41 PM
look on Haven Holidays site, i spent many a childhood holiday all over the uk. whitby was always a favorite, cornwall was a trek and rained all week when i went there years ago, wales always seems nice, but you've got to put up with them (the sheep, obviously...) most places in the uk by the sea are decent enough to holiday in

Hobbit
20-03-09, 12:08 AM
Cornwall is nice and quiet at the moment, and the weather has been great this week.

kelbelle
20-03-09, 06:05 PM
Martin and i went to Isle of Wight 2 years ago with his parents and it was lovely. We were planning on going again this year so have been looking at prices. about £350 in high season for a 4 berth caravan, goes up to about £550 if you want a home from home

Riggy
20-03-09, 06:07 PM
lol rent our static caravan in wales haha , do some png discounts lol

Stuart
20-03-09, 06:34 PM
Watergate bay to padstow is some cracking chill out land :D BUT I'd hate to go to cornwall in the summer (it was a mare living there so visiting must be a cnut, esp with the new A30 forcing you nearly to Truro before letting you aim at Newquay lol)

Hobbit
20-03-09, 06:56 PM
Watergate bay to padstow is some cracking chill out land :D BUT I'd hate to go to cornwall in the summer (it was a mare living there so visiting must be a cnut, esp with the new A30 forcing you nearly to Truro before letting you aim at Newquay lol)

turn off the a30 just after Launceston and go through camelford. Really not looking forward to the summer though :confused:

Stuart
20-03-09, 07:00 PM
turn off the a30 just after Launceston and go through camelford. Really not looking forward to the summer though :confused:

or bail at Bodmin, use the old A30 to the old turning to St columb major :D

Hobbit
20-03-09, 07:05 PM
or bodmin to wadebridge :)

Stuart
20-03-09, 07:13 PM
or bodmin to wadebridge :)
ahh but it be weird in wadebridge

Jim Mcrae
20-03-09, 08:27 PM
Woolacombe is awesome, I live there and never want to move check my DP, woolacombe sands holiday park is probably the best site for familys :)

dj_wudgey
20-03-09, 08:29 PM
cornwall dude lol cornwall all the way!!

Graeme
20-03-09, 08:49 PM
Abersoch, pwllheli gets my vote, not to cheap but spent loads of weekends down there in 2007 when I had my jetski, the sun always seem to shine and great roads on the way down there

mowgli
20-03-09, 08:55 PM
or bail at Bodmin, use the old A30 to the old turning to St columb major :D

or turn off the m5 and go thru tiverton, then go across country to bude, then go south & get on the atlantic highway, its devon & cornwall without the traffic & with some seriously beautiful scenery.....

Hobbit
20-03-09, 10:18 PM
^ i can drive up and down that road all night if im doing local runs in the tanker.

Dont get to see the view though :(

mowgli
20-03-09, 10:28 PM
^ yeah, but you are a local, thus you don't look for it.......