PDA

View Full Version : girl friend dosnt like novas

novamark21
19-03-09, 04:56 PM
just what to find out how many girls like nova's and weather it just my gf :wall:

Mike
19-03-09, 04:58 PM
Mine doesnt, deal with it.

BIGS
19-03-09, 04:59 PM
If she dont like it let her walk or get the bus

Jeff16v
19-03-09, 04:59 PM
This is why dads should knock the argueing out before the hit pubertylol

areofall
19-03-09, 05:00 PM
wife hates mine, wants me to buy a classic mini but I'd want a proper show example if I were to go back into them again.

Mike
19-03-09, 05:01 PM
If she dont like it let her walk or get the bus

I dont have too, she prefers the Ashtray to the Nova & Corsa. Stoll on VAG, get rid of the old 5 door "turbo" Ashtray lol lol

Peanut_119
19-03-09, 05:04 PM
my gf hates the nova but loves the colour :confused: , and i had a classic mini before the nova and she loved that but never told me when i had it, and wen i sold it she went mad at me :confused:,

one of them fings,
its my car and i drive it, if you don't like it walk, thats my saying lol

novamark21
19-03-09, 05:05 PM
so is there any girls on who dose

VXandy
19-03-09, 05:06 PM
my gf hates the nova but loves the colour :confused:
She likes mine though;)

But my missus doesn't . . . Wanna trade? :D

Stanley
19-03-09, 05:09 PM
My ex loved em and still does. Shes had more than me!

Shame shes an absolute ****ing looney.

Adam
19-03-09, 05:11 PM
Dont think ive met any girl that likes novas! Apart from Lynz,Lol.

Try and get you missus to understand why buckets/harnesses/rock hard suspension is needed, you'll be there for about 2hours..
I gave up in the end, she knows best :roll:

(an ex btw, but not because she didnt like the car! lol)
Because at times i ask myself the same questions.

Tim-SR
19-03-09, 05:11 PM
my ex loved my car :D

let_nova
19-03-09, 05:12 PM
when i met mine she had a kool art of a nova in her room!!! she loves the nova, always smiles when i overtake of put the foot down!!!

Peanut_119
19-03-09, 05:12 PM
She likes mine though;)

But my missus doesn't . . . Wanna trade? :D

happily, straight swap??

you will need a low loader as my nova won't drive lollol

raymond
19-03-09, 05:13 PM
my gf hates them now she use to like them but now calls them old rot boxes now i can see why everytime i take one for mot it needs some bloody welding

let_nova
19-03-09, 05:13 PM
happily, straight swap??

you will need a low loader as my nova won't drive lollol

maybe he doesnt want to trade cars.

nacho mcnova
19-03-09, 05:14 PM
my girlfriend says there nuthin but tin cans and the bonnet is usless for a ride! she told me to drop the idea of spendin money on it and buy a decent car but i got abit brave and said why dont you just f***ing drop a few pounds.......BIG MISTAKE!!!!

Peanut_119
19-03-09, 05:14 PM

he could take her if her really wanted her, i know he will be trying to give her back rather quickly lol

AlexW
19-03-09, 05:16 PM
Mine has never acualy hated them, just dosnt like the cost lol

Atm she really hates mine, shes fed up of me borrowing her car :(

Lee-1984
19-03-09, 05:16 PM
my girlfriend says there nuthin but tin cans and the bonnet is usless for a ride! she told me to drop the idea of spendin money on it and buy a decent car but i got abit brave and said why dont you just f***ing drop a few pounds.......BIG MISTAKE!!!!

bet that went down real well.........lol

VXandy
19-03-09, 05:18 PM

He doesn't want to trade cars!

Peanut once again you've proven yourself to be a right burke!lol

amggsi
19-03-09, 05:19 PM
Mine hates the sight of them and can't understand what the attraction is (to be honest neither can I!!).

She still doesn't know about the SR and 1.0, think it's best to keep it that way!!!!

SKoob
19-03-09, 05:19 PM
Mine hates my nova, and dislikes time being spent working on it rather than seeing her. Both seem to go hand in hand lol

johnny_turbo
19-03-09, 05:26 PM
Mine hates my nova, and dislikes time being spent working on it rather than seeing her. Both seem to go hand in hand lol
+1

BIGS
19-03-09, 05:35 PM

lol + rep for that. brave man or stupid

bmw156
19-03-09, 05:39 PM
lol i think kelly likes it, she understands a lot more now from this website. and under stands that a new car would be expensive and more expensive to fix.

good times
and nacho mcnova your crazy dude. are you still with her?

Hobbit
19-03-09, 05:40 PM
Mrs Hobbit says she'll start loving the Nova when i stop spending money on it. lol

BIGS
19-03-09, 05:44 PM
Thats never then lol

burgo
19-03-09, 05:48 PM
women are stupid. get used to it as they aint gonna change

Adam
19-03-09, 05:50 PM
Did you duck as soon as you said it???? lol lol lol

Sloth
19-03-09, 05:54 PM
the fact is its not shiney/wearable/designer enough for a woman. if she can make tea, fetch food, and give head. keep her.....

mayhem
19-03-09, 05:59 PM
never trust anything that bleeds longer then 2 days and doesnt die

Cormac
19-03-09, 06:02 PM
Dont think my mrs knew what a nova was before she met me, Ive got her well converted. She was up at 6am on the morning of PV08 polishing the Swing, Who else would think of cleaning the floor mats with baby wipes?? lol

BIGS
19-03-09, 06:04 PM
Dont think my mrs knew what a nova was before she met me, Ive got her well converted. She was up at 6am on the morning of PV08 polishing the Swing, Who else would think of cleaning the floor mats with baby wipes?? lol

Marry her now before its to late lol

novait
my girlfriend hates mine and carnt understand why i spent so much time doing things to it and why ive spend to much money on it.lol. even tho she can go shoping and spend god knows how much on clothes that she dont need...lol

VXandy
if she can make tea, fetch food, and give head. keep her.....

Thats me sorted for life then . . . She does all that

. . . and more;)

Sloth
19-03-09, 06:08 PM
good lad. lol

Rickyb
19-03-09, 06:09 PM
if she can make tea, fetch food, and give head. keep her.....

mine does all three and loves novas more thatn i do.

Rickyb
19-03-09, 06:09 PM
ooops stupid pc....

dj_wudgey
19-03-09, 07:16 PM
not many off lasses ive been with have liked my novas but sod them there my cars not hers so who cares what they think lol

jafanan
19-03-09, 07:18 PM
i thaught i was the only one with this problem, lol

Christ
19-03-09, 07:23 PM
my ex loved my nova, she was with me on the two occasions it broke down. Compared to her dads new volvo my car was more exciting aparently. tbh it was a fking deathtrap.

scotty GSI
19-03-09, 07:24 PM
mine just hates old cars in general, cant stand the sight of my nova.

Told her i was going to flog it next year to get a new car, which she was delighted about. Until i told her the new car a r5 gt turbo :D

old skool ****e ftw :thumb:

stuartyj21
19-03-09, 07:54 PM
if she dosnt like novas, just bin her cos a novas for life not just for christmas:D

blue_peg_16v
19-03-09, 08:50 PM
my saloon caused a divorce the ex wife turned round and said you either get ride of the car or i go, i told her no one tells me what the **** to do so devorce ensued lol big bill all for principles the two long term girlfriends ive had since have hated novas and were powder puff girls so no way they would camp at shows hence why i aint been at many for the last few years but am single again so looking forward to a good show season. i like the rough ride and squeeking interior of a nova but think alot of women prefer comfort and peace

brainsnova
19-03-09, 08:52 PM
make her always sit in the back then she ll love to say she likes it to be in the front.

blue_peg_16v
19-03-09, 08:56 PM
even more so if its a van and you give it some down some twisty a roads lol

ben doodar
19-03-09, 09:57 PM
my ex loves mine, if she sees a nice 1 she'll still ring me up just to tell me. she rung me the other day just to say she had seen a "dead nice shiney nova sr" lol.
+ all my girl mates love my novas.

blue_peg_16v
19-03-09, 10:03 PM
my ex loves mine, if she sees a nice 1 she'll still ring me up just to tell me. she rung me the other day just to say she had seen a "dead nice shiney nova sr" lol.
+ all my girl mates love my novas.

were do ya live might have to move there lol

Nova_Tek
19-03-09, 10:06 PM
My wife likes my Nova, likes the fact I drive something different. She tried driving it but found the brakes werent like shes used to and the seating position was low & wasnt keen on non-power steering. I told her thats how they are and its not broken.

She thinks Im absolutley freaking mad that Im gonna stick in a LET and tells me to stick with the 1.2 lol. But deep down I know that when she has a go at driving it she'll love it.

ade
19-03-09, 10:12 PM
my missus isnt a fan of mine or my red one. When she sits in it she squashes herself up against the door and constantly grips the door handle like the world is going to end!

lol

Whenever I say I'm going on the computer she says "you going to play with your nova ned chums" (ned = chav for the English amongst us)

But its said in that derogatory tone only women can muster!

lol

ben doodar
19-03-09, 10:13 PM
were do ya live might have to move there lol

ha ha!!

ive done some hero driving with a couple of them aswell n they love it.
4 of them came the vauxhall show last year because they liked mine so much, they even rented a corsa c just so they felt in with us vauxhall boys. lol.

Ernie
19-03-09, 10:16 PM
Carla wasnt to keen on them at first but after a few trips out in stick she changed her mind.
Now that the new one is allowed on the road aswell as track she loves it.
Bets moment was her taunting some lads that tryed to push us off a roundabout.
She carmly lent over at them and did a very cheeky bye bye wave then pulled down on the harness's and said floor it.
It was great and brought out the inner child in me lol.
Also the mix of coilovers fully stitch welded and caged nova track car plus Carla's large mamorrys you can geus the rest lol.

mowgli
19-03-09, 10:17 PM
my missus isnt a fan of my red one.

lol

Whenever I say I'm going on the computer she says "you going to play with your nova ned chums" (ned = chav for the English amongst us)

lol

been there, done that.........

she used to drive my old one like she'd nicked it, but get carsick if anyone else (me) drove her in it......

Nova_Tek
19-03-09, 10:21 PM

lol

My wife does moan when she sees me on PNG and coz she doesnt know the name of the site she says 'are you on that 'Grey' site again'.

Bless her, glad she like my car though otherwise I'd be a bit annoyed if she hated the car I was driving.

Pistol Pete
19-03-09, 10:28 PM
My misses wasnt keen on Novas...untill i took her round Castle Coomb in it lol

Bubba
19-03-09, 10:57 PM
my x hated it, but was the reason i got it...found it as a cheap "runaround"

said it was **** and a horrible colour. "its a nova" lmao always compared it to her cally t...

Twistie
19-03-09, 11:08 PM
my gf love's my nova

Dod
20-03-09, 08:33 AM
My missus used to Love Novas when I got my first one but I ruined it by buying 10+ more and the current count being 6 isnt helping win her over.

But you have to remember, women come and go, but a good Nova is forever.

loggyboy
20-03-09, 08:56 AM
My wife loves the speed, but hates the noise, discomfort, lack of heating, time and money I spend on it, but she knows if it wasnt the Nova it would be someother car.
After all i could be spending all my time and money on a mistress!

When its on the road, shes always after going for drives in it, so I know she loves it really.

xe Dan
20-03-09, 09:05 AM
mines not a 100% taken on them. and there is cars she hates more out there so when i go to buy a nova i always say its a nova or one of the other cars u hate worse she always says buy the nova lol

Maka
20-03-09, 10:12 AM
my misses loves them, she's forever taunting lads sat next to us at traffic lights and the likes. when my red one was off road for a few days a coupla months ago she went up to my house twice a day just to check on her! plus she has no problems with standing around in cold units while i chaff about with bits and bats! she's already planned her first nova, she's after building a mk1 sr rep in jamaica yellow riding on mo's. well, i say she's after building... what i should say is she's after me building... haha!

Dod
20-03-09, 10:15 AM
Dude, your girlfrined is a man.

mowgli
20-03-09, 10:21 AM
My wife loves the speed, but hates the noise, discomfort, lack of heating, time and money I spend on it, but she knows if it wasnt the Nova it would be someother car.
After all i could be spending all my time and money on a mistress!

When its on the road, shes always after going for drives in it, so I know she loves it really.

mine accused me of having an affair, & I pointed out that if I had the time & money for that, i'd have got my nova back on the road.......she soon stopped accusing me after then..... so a nova can save a marriage, and the fact that if we divorced, she'd get the kids .........:thumb:

Maka
20-03-09, 10:23 AM
Dude, your girlfrined is a man.

Dod, on the contrary i have found no suspicious genitals down there haha all seems to be in order, she's just a nova lover like the rest of us!

letvalva
20-03-09, 12:20 PM
ex wife hated novas til i bought her a 1.2 flair, she loved it, then i got her a sri which was a gsi looker, she loved that too,she drove my 300+bhp one once and **** her self, so wouldnt get behind the wheel again after that. she always has vauxhalls now due to me lol

CP
20-03-09, 01:14 PM
Waah! Whats this? Women allowed to express opinions on cars?!:eek:
Wasn't allowed in my day - I remember the sad day they first got the vote - things have been going downhill ever since

Question: So what sort of car was it?
Man answer: Porsche Boxster S on a 53 plate
Woman answer: Err yellow - the same as the curtains in the kitchen

I rest my case!
Women! NO! Know your place!

Lynsey
20-03-09, 02:36 PM
Oi :roll:

I love Novas. I'd put one in a barm and nom it up :p

craig green
20-03-09, 03:01 PM
LOL. I kinda lost my last Mrs because of how much time I spent on it & the fact you can't have a distant relationship when your car is being restored.
Current GF couldnt give a monkeys I dont reckon. I persuaded her to have an Astra GTE & she regrets selling it now so maybe I'm halfway there.

I saw a post on page 2 IIRC about someone Missus kinda liking it because she likes the colour, thats a good plan to get them onside unless she is intent on Pink ofcourse.

burgo
20-03-09, 03:04 PM
my ex always used to moan about how much time i spent on my cars, apparently i love them more than her lol truth hurts

craig green
20-03-09, 03:06 PM
Cars dont bleed for a week or burn the dinner though.

letvalva
20-03-09, 08:26 PM
if its got tits or wheels its gonna give you a bad head.......

Graeme
20-03-09, 09:36 PM
My gf can't stand my two either but I was suprised the other day when she said she liked c20 tbo which is my current desktop image, but we can't even get out of our street without her complaining about the ride discomfort

Southie
20-03-09, 09:46 PM
Just say to her that the girls who invented novas then decided to leave Vauxhall and start a company called AVON :D women are all backwards lol

mowgli
20-03-09, 09:49 PM
my missus is just resigned to my nova and that is that really.

Welshy
20-03-09, 11:37 PM
just what to find out how many girls like nova's and weather it just my gf :wall:
trade her in, i did... funny as funk,
'sorry babe i love you but i love my nova more , hope you understand'
took me 3 weeks to get the glass out of my head

dj_wudgey
21-03-09, 01:51 AM
trade her in, i did... funny as funk,
'sorry babe i love you but i love my nova more , hope you understand'
took me 3 weeks to get the glass out of my head

pmsl sounds like you had fun then lol