PDA

View Full Version : cav mk3 1.8

Asa-James
18-03-09, 10:07 PM
just throwing this out there, car wont *officially* be for sale until i have a replacement (if one is thrown in with the price then all is good)

its a Cesaro "motorsport" 1.8 5 door hatch in flame red, 68,000 miles from new and appears to have had OAP owners most of its life, belts and all filters changed last october when i bought the car, am going to give it another oil change and front pads in the next couple of weeks, recently replaced cv boot, barely a spot of rust on the car (a couple of spots less than a 10p on two doors i think)rear arches and around the front screen are good, paint is starting to go pink again, but if the good weather continues i'll polish and wax it again. all speakers replaced, JVC coaxials in the rear qtrs, JBL components in the front door cards, rear headrest replaced with GSI item (rear headrests) and fitted with stabiliser bars to keep the shelf in place, sunroof electric motor fitted, drivers seat bolster starting to wear (like nova ones do) this car burns practically no oil at all, its taken four months since the service before i've had to top it up at all, and no leaks from underneath. oh, and a shiny peco exhaust tip, to keep the "motorsport" feel...:)

bad points...

tax til end of april, MOT til june (i think)

rear spoiler laquer peeling, ahd a quote from a bodyshop for £60 but never followed it up

was bumped into not long after i got it, only damage is bumper bracket a little bent and where it bolts to the car, scuffs on the bumper and it sits cloer on one side to the rear wheel than the other

also, i did a txt check before buying it, ad it was cat c in '99, i think to the rear qtr, but the car drives sweet and i cant tell anything wrong.

pics of car, bumper damage, door card speakers all here (http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/asa_037/cav/)

i'm after £600, but am open to offers,

car is located near Lostock, Cheshire (5 minutes from j19, m6) ring on 07840828796
test drives can be arranged if you bring the correct documents

so, any takers?
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/asa_037/cav/IMGP9401.jpg

Asa-James
21-03-09, 10:01 PM
anybody? new oil and filter today and new pads, all done, works beautifully...