PDA

View Full Version : A day at the scrappies...

ade
18-03-09, 07:59 PM
I've got a day off work tomorrow and it's forecast a sunny day and a neighbour of mine on Tuesday tipped me off that a scappy he goes to regularly (whilst searching for anything Landy related) had recently received a Nova SR! Suggested it was in really good condition!!

:cool:

I called the yard and it's still there untouched apparantly!

:eek:

So have already sctipped ther back of me Nova out to get as much off it as I can!

I think I may scream with excitement - especially when he said it had a "boxier" front bumper - snowplough!?!?

lol

bmw156
18-03-09, 08:01 PM
you lucky fooker, post pics when ya get all ya stuff lol
and take **** loads of tools dont wanna be caught short lol

ade
18-03-09, 08:03 PM
oh dont worry - I've already got the front passenger seat out and packed with tools!

Just hope it's as good as it's made out to be...

7ova
18-03-09, 08:03 PM
good find, have a good day :thumb:

twistysnovagte
18-03-09, 08:05 PM
if its in decent overall condition, then buy the full car?
i found a mint mk1 and they wouldnt sell it to me:( so i raped it of all panels, interior,bits bobs and so forthlol
pity i aint close ade id have took the van,i love a good "mooch about" in the scrappys:D

Spudly
18-03-09, 08:08 PM
We expect lots of pictures then mr ade, happy hunting:thumb:

DW-Nova
18-03-09, 08:13 PM
Sounds like a potentially good find ! hopefully you can buy the whole car hey ! so long as they havnt sent off the confirmation of scrapping, if not then make sure that you absolutley strip it !!!

wilson_sri
18-03-09, 08:14 PM
You must be joking Ade, i was through a scrappy your way today getting bits off a SR. Sounds like its the same one, check my for sale post and il sell you them.

dj_wudgey
18-03-09, 08:25 PM
you lucky sod gutted another sr is dead though!!

dave.gsi
18-03-09, 09:12 PM
You must be joking Ade, i was through a scrappy your way today getting bits off a SR. Sounds like its the same one, check my for sale post and il sell you them.

haha, looks like you may need to unpack your tools ade, its been raped already lol

bmw156
18-03-09, 09:17 PM

if its the same, which i reckon it is, you have been owned.

dj_wudgey
18-03-09, 09:18 PM
yea does sound like it does'nt it lol

scotty GSI
18-03-09, 09:20 PM
been a long time since i seen a nova in a scrapyard!

Gone to a few in Glasgow with no joy. let us know how you get on. Cant beat a good rummage round a scrappies:thumb:

Ben
19-03-09, 04:21 AM
take **** loads of tools dont wanna be caught short lol

LMFAO you can strip a nova with a swiss army knife!

Ben
19-03-09, 04:22 AM
so long as they havnt sent off the confirmation of scrapping, if not then make sure that you absolutley strip it !!!

You can still obatin a logbook but just needs a VIC check which is about £40ish now and can be done in most major cities.

ade
19-03-09, 07:50 AM
scrappies in Muirhead...Mark you hadn't better have raped her - I aint having sloppy seconds!

Ernie
19-03-09, 08:01 AM
dont want pictures now lol

vaughanmc
19-03-09, 08:02 AM
Is that one Woodhead Road Ade ?

bmw156
19-03-09, 09:22 AM
dont tell them ade, or they will all be down there lol

just imagen you stroll up all cocky and there is a group of ten png'ers already raping it lol

dj_wudgey
19-03-09, 11:38 AM
if i were closer id have been there lol

L14MNP
19-03-09, 12:21 PM
Previously raped and ringing up and checking it's still there untouched etc. is FTL though, bumped up the prices for yourself now!

What I do is go in for something crap and say oh by the way I got this etc. from the Nova up the top. Works a charm every time.

Hope there's something left for you. lol

brainsnova
19-03-09, 01:19 PM
the boy at the scrappies will be standing on the nova roof auctioning all the bits off lol

wilson_sri
19-03-09, 10:00 PM
Was there much left for you then Ade? lol

ade
19-03-09, 10:09 PM
lol it wasne an SR - it was a feckin merit with an SR boot!

Boot was rotten though.

However still managed to get a fair amount off it for use on both me Novas -
manual carb and bin lid,
alternator,
heater matrix,
both wing mirrors,
plastic bits n bobs (scuttle panel grills, battery tray etc),
bumper iron,
"new" looking coolant bottle,
and the upper slam panel and mounting lugs for my Puntova project.

£40 for the lot - which when you consider the cheapest I've found a Punto upper panel so far inc delivery is £40 - was a good day!

There were also 3 calibras there all with red tops!

ade
19-03-09, 10:29 PM
oh and I forgot to mention had 2 offers made on my SR!

I'm in the car park sending a text and aguy in a grey corsa (modded and painfuly low) pulls up with his mate and asks if I'd sell it - I said no.

Then another guy - in another corsa! pulls up ans offers me £3k!

lol

I had to laugh and again said no. He was about 10!

lol

let_nova
19-03-09, 10:46 PM
whats the address of this place? looking for a redtop!!!

dj_wudgey
21-03-09, 01:58 AM
oh and I forgot to mention had 2 offers made on my SR!

I'm in the car park sending a text and aguy in a grey corsa (modded and painfuly low) pulls up with his mate and asks if I'd sell it - I said no.

Then another guy - in another corsa! pulls up ans offers me £3k!

lol

I had to laugh and again said no. He was about 10!

lol

i get that quite often also followed by the same reply! no its not even for sale for the right price lol!!! glad to see you didnt get tempted though!!

ohh and good you found some cheap bits dude allright for some finding a nova in a scrapy theres nothing round here!!

ohh you still want those things tracing got some tracing paper this week sorry for delay!!

Ernie
21-03-09, 07:08 AM
you should of said as just about to chuck 2 bin lid airfilters lol

Sloth
21-03-09, 08:50 AM
id have taken his 3k and ran tbh.....

L14MNP
21-03-09, 10:15 AM
^ My thoughts exactly! lol

dj_wudgey
21-03-09, 11:08 AM
fook that id rather have my car lol ^^

scotty GSI
21-03-09, 11:48 AM
is it a sunroof model ade?

Need the roof lining and loads of other interior gubbins for my penny racer.:D

Nova_Tek
21-03-09, 12:11 PM
Sounds like an eventful day. Scrappies down here hardly have anything Nova related. You should have ripped out those engines, would have easily found buyers for it.

spacy
22-03-09, 08:31 PM
nice find mate strip it beta then pole dancer

bmw156
22-03-09, 08:35 PM
3k and you said no, you are either mad or in love
i think a bit of both lol

spacy
22-03-09, 08:35 PM
is it a sunroof model ade?

Need the roof lining and loads of other interior gubbins for my penny racer.:Di have a roofline for you son its gray no rips and has sunroof
what els you need?:thumb:

dj_wudgey
23-03-09, 11:41 AM
3k and you said no, you are either mad or in love
i think a bit of both lol

must be mad matey beacause i wouldent let mine go for that either lol well i just wouldent sell it lol

Nova_Tek
23-03-09, 02:39 PM
Don't sell your Nova FTW :thumb: I know I wouldn't :D