PDA

View Full Version : suspension upgrade

jonn
17-03-09, 01:32 PM
i need to upgrade my suspension on my nova the car will be used for autocross /autograss racing so they will need to beable to take alot of punishment lol.i have a tight budget. if i bought a set of loweing springs and used spax or gmax shock absorbers would they work well? I CANT AFFORD COILOVERS :(

jonn
14-04-09, 10:04 PM
now i really need to buy new ones beacuse yesterday i was driving the car and the front right shock or spring broke the car is now about 3 inches lower on that side. is their anywhere i can buy spax or gmax shock absorbers and springs and that can deliver to ireland?

Pistol Pete
14-04-09, 10:31 PM
Your racing your car and using G-max stuff on it? Budget gear when racing = Fail IMO. Most places should ship to ireland.

jonn
14-04-09, 10:45 PM
i need stiffer shocks and springs. the nova ones were to soft and i broke it or damaged it when driving on bad ground.the gmax should be a bit stiffer and not as soft as the nova ones.

stevie-p
14-04-09, 10:49 PM
ye but for the amount you will have tombuy and keep refitting due to them fecking up spend your money on some decent ones and you'll be laughing

jonn
14-04-09, 10:51 PM
ya i better start saving €. what sort of decent ones should i buy?

jimbob-mcgrew
14-04-09, 11:43 PM
if u cant afford some entry level rally suspension, prob be best off with standard 1.2/1.4/sr/sri/gte/gsi shocks & springs i woulda thought mate.
if the cars gonna be sliding around on dirt and brukking thru potholes, hitting small rocks etc, lowered stiffer suspension will get ruined straight up and will be a downgrade to the handling if anything.
if the cars 3 inches lower at the front corner, check the shock hasnt punched thru the inner wing.