PDA

View Full Version : Hate

Jack
17-03-09, 07:34 AM
Trying to get my sisters work laptop to use my wireless router for internet access, had to change some of the ip and dhcp settings in the router. It funks up so hard reset.

Now its being silly :roll: put all the settings back in, nae problem, set up various wifi gubbins, all working fine via ethernet and on my N95. My wifi nic then decides it doesn't like AES so I try to update the firmware for it. Fail. Cue lots of hassle with drivers, utilities and the WZC sh!t in windoze. Even with zilch wireless security it still won't work.

Now msn isn't working (even with the right ports open in the router), facebook can only display the main homepage (anything else times out, can't show online friends etc), and on here I can't submit new threads, PMs etc (using work pc at the mo).

I hate wireless, I hate networking, most of all I hate both wireless and networking in windows. ARGH

that is all

Ernie
17-03-09, 07:35 AM
mine works fine on wireless

Jack
17-03-09, 07:40 AM
Mine doesn't :(

It DID. Now it doesn't

I hate technology. Computers are sh!t.

smcgsi16v
17-03-09, 07:48 AM
Hit them with a hammer. If that fails I don't know what to suggest.

Pistol Pete
17-03-09, 08:45 AM
Threaten it with a flying lesson.....

AlexW
17-03-09, 10:29 AM
Call it all the names under the sun

16v Nova Kev
17-03-09, 10:36 AM
mine works a treat. threaten it with some burgo action lol

Gashgusher
17-03-09, 10:54 AM
i just made a **** off network cable, about 30m or summat.

get good access nearly anywhere in the house :D

Dod
17-03-09, 11:35 AM
Swear at or threaten it. It'll work fine.

Welsh Dan
17-03-09, 12:37 PM
+1 for hating all wireless networks.

Copper FTW.

brainsnova
17-03-09, 12:40 PM
my laptop doesnt move lol i prefer the plug in lead.

Jack
17-03-09, 12:45 PM
If I could run wire, I would - rented house so can't start drilling holes in it for cable lol

Wireless is a joke, even the pathetic security does nowt but slow the speed down. Grr. Not at home tonight either so can't feck about with it more :(

Can't get my head round why internet stuff isn't working right though. Even with uPNP turned on its still fannying about, so it can't be a port issue...

brainsnova
17-03-09, 12:48 PM
just drill the holes and then refill them later.

Gashgusher
17-03-09, 02:14 PM
i just train mine round the house. made it out of cat6e cable, duct grade, so its dead robust. i move about wit laptop so it'd be useless drillin holes an stuff. just out in the garden with it now :D

wireless wise, ive always found BT home hubs work pretty well, security and speed wise and a doddle to connect to

Sloth
17-03-09, 02:49 PM
unless your in hull.......... (no bt, virgin, etc, just karoo)

im on three broadband and its fine all day, get to 8pm and it has signal issues, due to demand, ive been told it will get better tho.

Welsh Dan
17-03-09, 03:16 PM
I ran cable in our rented student houses with no complaints from the landlords, but they insisted I leave it there ;).

Homehubs are pants. The only domestic kit worth bothering with is netgear, or possibly dlink.

Mike
17-03-09, 03:33 PM
Technology is the route of all evil.

Fcuk the landlord in his sphinter, drill the holes anyway.

Jack
18-03-09, 08:00 AM
Ergh, I had bad experiences of DLink when trying to connect Davina to tinternet back in the day.

I have a USR router, its great except since resetting to factory its been playing silly buggers. Well in its defence, the wireless etc is working fine on the router side (the problems I was having there are with my crap Texas wifi nic, which I will be swapping for my spare Belkin one tonight methinks) and its connecting Ok, just some web functionality isn't working. Hrmm.

Welsh Dan
18-03-09, 08:45 AM
Belkin wireless stuff is some of the worst lol. DLink are hit and miss, depending on the model.

tony k
18-03-09, 12:48 PM
think you should give this guy a cool he is not too bad at fixing things lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H8tGE4mr_0

Dar
18-03-09, 07:07 PM
Mine doesn't :(

It DID. Now it doesn't

I hate technology. Computers are sh!t.
lol

I R RJ!
http://thesituationist.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/laughing-orangutang.jpg

dj_wudgey
18-03-09, 07:09 PM
Hit them with a hammer. If that fails I don't know what to suggest.

hitting it with the hammer wont fail dude its a relief for you!! the computor on the other hand may fail afterwards lol

Jack
19-03-09, 07:34 AM
IS WORK I FIX :D

Jack
22-03-09, 09:02 PM
Is not work, I not fix :(

Swapped my USR router for my dad's Belkin one, as the former kept dropping the ADSL connection. Belkin router keeps ADSL, or at least it has for a few hours.

Ethernet PC has a decent-ish connection, albeit slow (speedtester websites show upload/download as slightly faster than before...). Wireless has some connectivity - will load some pages but fails on msn, facebook (only loads the homepage), photobucket and a few others. Which I don't understand at all.

No firewall (apart from hardware NAT in the router), no AV blocks or ad blocks, no WPA/WEP shenanigans, no mac restrict. Winsock fix applied, made no difference. USR router repoted attenuation ~53db, SNR 6db (belkin doesn't seem to be able to show these stats).

This is driving me nuts :tard:

Welsh Dan
22-03-09, 09:30 PM
Run netstumbler and see what else is using the same wireless channel?