PDA

View Full Version : Magnecor leads

wilson_sri
16-03-09, 08:44 PM
Anyone else use magnecor leads? Was looking at some just now, but are they really worth the £85 price tag?

16v Nova Kev
16-03-09, 08:47 PM
good post i was going to invest in a set myself

novaxe235
16-03-09, 08:49 PM
to be honest i used to have them on my old 16 valver,after i fitted them i noticed it started to hunt alot so i re-fitted the old genuine vaux ones and it stopped . it might have just been my car but i think it's quite expensive for what you get anyway.

tom reid
16-03-09, 09:34 PM
No, no, no,and no

Benn
16-03-09, 10:00 PM
No, a lead is a lead, they really arnt any better than 15£ ones from a motorfactor.

AlexW
16-03-09, 10:32 PM
Aye what i was about to say. For £80 id want diamond ones.

Pistol Pete
16-03-09, 10:34 PM
Just paying for the name i guess??

Paul
16-03-09, 10:35 PM
i use them, and never had a problem, my mate uses them on his turbo too.

Also, never had a problem.

tom_beverley
17-03-09, 11:08 AM
I use them on mine and never had a problem. Thing is, they are much better made than the £15 motorfactor ones and last longer. Its logical they will improve the ignition slightly but don't believe the 100bhp power increase poop lol

Not really worth the extra £££ IMHO but I got mine much cheaper than £85 at the time.

Keif
17-03-09, 12:54 PM
I had a misfire on my Carlton, it i swapped the leads, but it was still mis-firing. So bought a set of Magnecor ones. It ran better, but wasn't the cause of the problem

On the Carlton forum i use, they've tested them against a cheaper set and they are better.

Leads are not just leads, it's all down to the core's quality and resistance the better lead has less resistance, thus a stronger spark.

Plus you have a 10year warranty, so if they do fail they can be replaced FOC.

craig green
17-03-09, 01:08 PM
The most important thing is to check they fit the pins in the dizzy cap properly. Not so much of a problem on the red clip on dizzy caps but an issue with the black screw on caps.

Best fit I found was genuine Bosch leads which I got for £30ish from a local supplier. Nice grey colour too. I'd never pay that much for leads on an 8v!

Riggy
17-03-09, 05:53 PM
lol i have a set of uprated leads on my XE , cant rememebr whatmake the are , but they dont make any noticeable difference to how the car runs , mine just look a bit better with them being blue and match my samco's lol