PDA

View Full Version : Window tints!

kingrob
08-01-03, 01:16 PM
Alrite im getting a full set of window tints off a mate just i need to know how much it'll cost me to get the whole set fitted? Anyone who has got it done could you plz give me a rough idea of the price it would be to get the lot fitted?

Cheers Rob

adeyprude
08-01-03, 01:26 PM
My local garage did mine cos I couldn't be bothered with doing it myself and they charged me ?60. I shouldn't think a small garage would charge much more than that because it is a simple job really.

I then took them out agin because the tints were so dark that I couldn't see a sodding thing at night. So be carefull.
Best of luck mate.

:2gunfire:

Ben Ritchie
08-01-03, 02:19 PM
when i got my windows tinted the place charged
me ?180 :evil: . i think aberdeen is a complete rip off
we always get charged a sh!t load on whatever we
buy :cry:

jon_boy
08-01-03, 03:43 PM
you could probably do all the windows yourself except the rear and windscreen. then it would cost piss all at a garage to fit them. but otherwise the quotes are right that peeps ahve siad.

neiloakley
08-01-03, 04:01 PM
what is this people are saying about removable tints? and getting garages to fit them?
I was under the impression you could either pay 180-250 and get them done porfesionally in a thick film or pay 30-40 for cheap thin film and do it yourself. I didn't think either were removable (without destroying them)

Help???

adeyprude
08-01-03, 04:04 PM
What I was saying was that I had some tinted windows fitted and then I took that set of glass out and replaced it with the standard glass again because it was far to dark at night.

They were done professionally and when my mate wrote his car off the windows along with tints were in tact so I knabbed them from him.

Does that make sense now?????
:? :? :?

neiloakley
08-01-03, 04:06 PM
why didn't you say that in the first place! :fist:

Breeny
08-01-03, 04:14 PM
Cost me ?175+vat from pentagon window technology in Watford. They had the car for the whole day though.

jon_boy
08-01-03, 05:21 PM
breeny is that the place that do the rather tough glass thats hard to break into. got that funny film on it?