PDA

View Full Version : Nova Heating

lucusade
08-01-03, 01:01 PM
Where is it ?? Im freezing my b*llocks off in my f*cking car :( !!

You dont wanna know the places im geting frost bite !! The only way I used to get some heating in the car is from the windscreen vents. Now thats packed up, and i fear for my life everytime i drive !!

Anyone got any ideas what might be up ?? Maybe I've connected the pipes the wrong way (when we did a engine change. Robbo, I blame you for that mate !! You were in charge of hose connections :lol: )

DEE'S NOVA
08-01-03, 01:23 PM
my girlfriends heater blower does'nt work either and i don't have a clue what's the fault bumer as you need a heater big time

dave.gsi
08-01-03, 01:55 PM
mine only works on number two. 1 and 3 are knackered

RobIsGrt18
08-01-03, 02:43 PM
hahah unlucky m8

urrmmm....me in charge of hose connection ?? that was ya bro m8 not me, cant u remember i was the one standing there doing nuffink haha!!

i was a bit worried when ya bro started chopping um apart and sticking um where they "looked like they'd fit" :?

lucusade
08-01-03, 02:51 PM
well mate, when in doubt, chop stuff up, force em on, and hope for the best !!

thats me bros rule of life anyway...

v1nce
08-01-03, 03:47 PM
i had that same problem with my mk2. the problem is there a clip on the cable from the temp control, which is on the side of the heat matrix (remove the glove box and u should see) that controls cable tension. this clip had snapped and the cable was pulled 2 cold. i just manually adjusted the cable and now have luke warm air.

lucusade
08-01-03, 03:51 PM
how do i remove the glovebox ??

I dont wanna be out there too long, Im only a skinny bast*rd and i will freeze within 10 minutes :lol:

v1nce
09-01-03, 10:24 AM
with a 8mm socket and the haynes manual

dikharvey
09-01-03, 02:54 PM
mine only work on 3 and hot air onlycomes out the sides. if it dont work at all you'll probely find the heater motor if fucked!

brian
09-01-03, 07:57 PM
You don't need to remove the glovebox to get at the cable. just get yer head in under the shelf or maybe take the skelf out (2 screws)

RobHardyUK
09-01-03, 11:22 PM
I have EXACTLY the same prob on my mk1 nova?????? wtf do i do i do?? is the haeter matrix the source of the prob? i know how to take the glovebox out, is it around there? comon im gettin cold!!!!!

Nova1.6
09-01-03, 11:45 PM
i thought only cold air was meant to come outa the middle vents, well does on mine!

dave.gsi
09-01-03, 11:49 PM
and mine. i think only the side ones are supposed to be warm, the middle ones are fappin freezin lol

?Marty?
10-01-03, 11:09 AM
I had a prob too.

The heat was being produced, but the fan wouldn't come on.

Matrix would have been ok, checked the fuses, checked the connections, still nothing. Replaced the blower motor - bingo! All sorted now.

Easy job, but i kept putting it off for months!! :lol:

RobHardyUK
10-01-03, 12:23 PM
Mine dont have the side air vents...???!?! So the middle one must provide hot air.... it must be a bloody common problem :evil:

DEE'S NOVA
10-01-03, 01:17 PM
WHEN I TURN IT ON THERE'S NOTHING NO AIR COMMIN THROUGH WHATS SO EVER NOT EVEN ANY NOISE

lucusade
10-01-03, 02:23 PM
since ive had the car (1yr+) ive only ever had cold air from the centre vents (dont have side vents), and if i wanted warm it it has to come from the windscreen vents.

At the moment, all im getting is cold air !! Takes the p*ss coz its soooo cold !!!

wisewood
10-01-03, 03:02 PM
isn't there a thing in the SR dash (and similar) which has two extra air vents coming from the heater matrix running to the outer dash vents?

i remember this from when i did my merit out with sr interior.

pickle2000
10-01-03, 03:16 PM
The heat comes up through the windsheild or out through your footwell depending on its direction. The center ones near the clock will only ever come out cold.

When I changed my dash for a Mk2 one, I wish that i had put in a new heater matrix with the 2 side vent holes on so that I could have piped hot air to the side vents on the dash. Could have had a nice hot air breeze blowin straight at me.... :oops: .... now that would be warm.

Currently my fan only works on 1, and 2, but I can't be a**ed to take the dash apart in this cold weather..... 8)

if you turn the heater control to hot, shouldn't it come out hot even if the blower isn't working....??