PDA

View Full Version : Help needed fitting some SRI clocks

matthew king
08-01-03, 12:24 PM
I am ready to fit some nova sri clocks that I have just bought into my 1.2 'Flair'. I need any info that may help me. I know that I need wire up the rev counter to the coil but to be honest I don't know where the thing is.

Cheers if you have any advice.

Matty

P.S I also need to wind the mileage back to match mine, any ideas?

jon_boy
08-01-03, 12:57 PM
the coil. if you open your bonnet look to the bottom right as it were. right hand side and nearest you. something about the sizeof a coke can with 3 wires coming out. your one wants to go in the spare space. as for the mileage it can be done but not many people like to say how on here. its quite easy tho, just start undoing screws and remember what went where. youll get teh eventually

mikeoxford
08-01-03, 02:38 PM
RE the coil

as LONG AS YOU DONT touch the wire in the middle - u can try prodding your wire in any of the spade conectors - it wont do no harm only 12v

connect the dash up

have someone sit in the drivers seat and prod about till u make it work.

just DONT try and connect it to the High Tenstion (HT) big lead usually coming out of the middle.

another thing to note is it MAY have a square coil - that looks like a big magnet with wire wrapped around it.

Manta Mad
09-01-03, 09:49 PM
Is your Flair a Mk 2 Nova (I think they only did them in Mk 2 form but can't be sure) If so, I am quite sure that the SRi clocks should plug straight in and your rev counter will work without extra wiring. I have a 1992 Luxe+ which had a standard speedo/temp/fuel gauge. I fitted the white dial SR dash and the rev counter worked without extra wiring.

Its best to move the speedo cable from its central position to the left of the dash opening as its easier to fit the speedo.

To alter the mileage, pull out the metal pin with pliers, its the metal pin that holds all the little cogs that connect the number dials together. Set mileage to the reading you want then to keep them in place, put selotape across the front of the speedo, over the cut out for the mile reading, pushing the tape so it sticks to the dials and stops them moving.

Push the pin back in putting back each little cog, making sure they engage into the teeth of the number dials.

Anton
09-01-03, 10:01 PM
mines a mk2 flair (anton's 1.2 in features)

the wires was already there behind the dash, green one if i remember correctly, and its a simple job of pluggin it in :D

Manta Mad
09-01-03, 10:33 PM
Assuming the clocks are also Mk 2 (would guess so being SRi) then as you say the wire is already there but its wired into the plug connector - no mods needed - just plug in and it should work.

matthew king
10-01-03, 12:01 PM
I'll have to have a look, but yes mine is a Mk2 (1992) 1.2 'Flair' so hopefully the rev counter wire will either be connected or be there somewhere.

Cheers for the help.

Matty