PDA

View Full Version : Some PV questions

kelbelle
14-03-09, 03:37 PM
Dont know if this is in the right place??? (admin: move if needed :thumb:)

Martin is trying to convince me to come to PV this year but before I say yes I have some (girly) questions.

What exactly do you do? I mean its 3 days! Do you just walk around and look at cars?

What is there is terms of food?

Toilets?

Electricity?

Showers?

Or am i getting my hopes up and its pure slumming it for 2 1/2 days lol

Thanks!

AlexW
14-03-09, 03:43 PM
Read the threads in club chat etc and visit the PVS/santa pod website.

kelbelle
14-03-09, 03:45 PM
I read the thead about it on here but havent looked on the website, thought this might be simpler and quicker

Mike
Yes, all everyone does all day is walk around looking at cars, watching people blow head gaskets going up the strip & generally arsing about

Food wise there is the optional disposible BBQ (most fun & cheap option) or pay silly prices for sheet qaulity dog burgers.

Toilets are on site, but take a respirator as they never get cleaned.

Showers, dont even venture into them if I were you.

Sloth
Dont know if this is in the right place??? (admin: move if needed :thumb:)

Martin is trying to convince me to come to PV this year but before I say yes I have some (girly) questions.

What exactly do you do? I mean its 3 days! Do you just walk around and look at cars?
got it in one, but its mega fun and the pi$$up on the night is immense!

What is there is terms of food?

loads, were taking a bbq, but theres allsorts..

Toilets?

yes.

Electricity?

nope

Showers?

iirc possibly, not 100% tho

Or am i getting my hopes up and its pure slumming it for 2 1/2 days lol

sort of the key is to enjoy it!!!

Thanks!.

kelbelle
14-03-09, 03:48 PM
Thanks Sloth :thumb:

Not really that answers I was hoping for tho lol

I cant cook so bbq is out really unless martin does it!

And i dont drink but Ill enjoy watching you lot making a fool of yourselves! Guess im designated driver then! :thumb:

Sloth
14-03-09, 03:53 PM
lol, that means you can go on the strip.....

craig green
14-03-09, 04:38 PM
Having the show over 3 days (2 nights) is going to be carnage IMO. It's bad enough being sleep deprived on the Sunday usually, but to have to go through it 2 nights on the trot is madness IMO. As much as I like & look forward to PV, I shall still be doing just the Sat & Sunday as per normal I reckon.

Kelbelle; there is always plenty of food kicking about. The essence of BBQ'ing is wastage, so you should be able to survive by scrounging & mine sweeping (drinks) LOL. I always take 2 or 3 disposable BBQ grills & pick up some pasta or potato salad & suchlike as pure meat meals loses its appeal after the breakfast on the sunday.
Don't expect cosy showers or mains for your hair straighteners, then you'll be fine. Nothing wrong with roughing it for a day or 2 is there? It makes you appreciate the home comforts when you get home & nurse the inevitable 'pod burn'.

Peanut_119
14-03-09, 04:55 PM
i have never been but i am goin this year, and am prosuming its like autograss racing style, turn up bring your own food and beer, unless ur cheque book and have a good time and watch what ever is goin on.

does that about some it up?

Dave.
14-03-09, 05:06 PM
Showers?

lol

Adam
14-03-09, 05:19 PM
Cg summed it up perfectly lol

I am also only camping Sat night, as imo theres not enough to do to justify 3days......

Mike
14-03-09, 05:39 PM
Ill only be there for the day on Sunday, Im not fcuking about camping this year I dont think.

Novaboyleon
14-03-09, 06:02 PM
oh right i see its over 3 days now, sounds quality to me cos usually sunday i dont want to go home and a pissup 2 nights in a row sounds spot on to me! just means will have to stock the nova up with twice as much juice!

Jim Mcrae
14-03-09, 06:04 PM
Will be intresting putting up with the chavs for another night.

Jack
14-03-09, 06:05 PM
Ill only be there for the day on Sunday, Im not fcuking about camping this year I dont think.
YES YOU ARE

I'll only be there sat/sun too. My ex managed to survive two PVS's so its doable for a girl. I'll no doubt be dragging whoever happens to be Mrs RJ at the time along with me lol

I'll bring my camping stove again, so will have tea and bacon in the morning. There's plenty of food places around, not all just meat so you should be Ok for food. As Craig said, just scrounge from others on the saturday night. Last time I brought loads of stuff and ate less than half of it lol

Toilets yes, but not great on the Sunday morning. I would assume as its now a 3 day show, the toilets will be as bad on Saturday as they used to be on Sunday.

Sunday is the car show day, so wandering around looking at blinged up Corsa C's and LOL-ing at the fact the Z20LET has its own stand (in a better position than PNG). Its also advised to leave about 2pm-ish to try and avoid the post 3pm queues.

craig green
14-03-09, 06:43 PM
Its also advised to leave about 2pm-ish to try and avoid the post 3pm queues.

I might see if I can stay way past the queing period & then leave later. Far less stress, a cooler journey home & hopefully still have a good time with other members etc whilst the masses are trying to get out. :roll:

Joe Richardson
14-03-09, 06:47 PM
well i wanted to go this year,but can't:(

I have never been to the show aswell.

Adam
14-03-09, 06:47 PM
I might see if I can stay way past the queing period & then leave later. Far less stress, a cooler journey home & hopefully still have a good time with other members etc whilst the masses are trying to get out. :roll:

Thats the best plan/\

What i did last year, and then had a nice summer evenings drive home! :cool: lol

ade
14-03-09, 07:14 PM
You dont have to come for the whole weekend.
Tickets are available for full weekend £25.00 or Sunday only at £15.00 but tbh the full weekend is the best bet (IMO).

Saturday is track day - just taking it easy, clean your car, watch the drag strip and play on the fair ground.

Sunday is the main event - stands, shows, stalls, exhibitions and so on as well as the strip and the full on drag strip racers (Santa Pod's jet car)

Imagine a music festival but without the music - well I say that - there is lots of music - usually the prodigy blaring out of some knackered transit at 2am!

lol

If you dont want to sleep at Santa Pod you can choose the quieter option at Billing Aquadrome or a local hotel.

Ti's an experience and like marmite - you'll either love it or hate it!

And you need to be a club member to attend unless your'e a guest of a club member...

Benn
14-03-09, 07:23 PM
Ah yeah the queing, it gets worse every year.

Remembering that you are there at 7am, by lunch time you've seen every thing, so by 2 your happy to leave, and you might just beat the que.

But last year everyone thought that, by 2 the que was past the mig stand and wasnt even moving. (took me 20mins to get off the png stand)

We stayed till about 4-5 and joined then and it was still sooooooooooooooo slow moving.

Loo wise, dont eat for todays before, only drink, as having a pee aint too day, but you dont wanna be sitting on that sit for more than 1 min.

Food, take it with ya, simple stuff, crips are good. Then chips on the day for about £7.

Elec? no chance, tie ya hair back.

Sun cream is a huge huge must. Pv05 was cloundy all day, i had a jumper on, when i got home my face was red and burnt!
Put after sun in the friend at home, so when you get in and have a shower you can slap it on.

If you camp there, you will only get about 20mins sleep per night.

We stayed in a hotel last year, insted of driving at at 5am, Best plan every will be doing it again this year. Shower in the morning, 5min drive to pod, and you are feeling knackerd all day long.

Lynsey
14-03-09, 08:08 PM
Last year my Nova's engine was smoking like cheech and fuming me out. I got high so didn't mind the queues :)

I would love to camp but couldn't do without a proper, hot shower. Will be staying in the hotel up the road, downside to that is queing both mornings to get in :( last time it took ages. Also means I can't drink 'til I get back to the hotel, well not unless I want to leave my Nova in the care of PNG members- which I don't lol

Lynsey
14-03-09, 08:09 PM
Eww. Pooing in public toilets. I only like to use my own throne.

Stuart
14-03-09, 08:21 PM
Take immodium on the friday lol.

Jim and I did it perfectly a few years back... turned up at about 11am sunday missed the entry queing, then left at 1pm and missed the exits lmao

BIGS
14-03-09, 08:51 PM
I cant wait for it, all you need to do is take baby wipes and if you want water spray in a can and wipe yourself after you spray yourself. And with your hair if it really gets on yor nerves i can always do something with it so you havent got to mess about. Dont expect it every day tho ........

And food you dont need to bring much as craig said. Bring bits you will like obviously.

Lynsey
14-03-09, 09:00 PM
Spray-in shampoo is great for these occasions :) It's about £1.99 from Tesco and the tropical flavour one is gorgeous :thumb: I spray a little in after I've washed and dried my hair, just because it smells so sweet :)

Bigs- feel free to twiddle :p

BIGS
14-03-09, 09:02 PM
lol Can you see some of the lads on here going round with sweet smelling hair.

I will do some twiddleling then lol

Lynsey
14-03-09, 09:04 PM
I just meant Kel actually :p

BIGS
14-03-09, 09:04 PM
Ive just thought. Am i bringing my clippers to cuts burgo's hair off :confused: Or is someone else bringing there's

ade
14-03-09, 09:19 PM
Ive just thought. Am i bringing my clippers to cuts burgo's hair off :confused: Or is someone else bringing there's

lol - Lees still smoke free (was gonna say fag free but that's not right for such a big mincer!)

I think we should do it at the National Day which is a couple of weeks before hand - that way he'll have a little bit of stubble to protect him from the heat!

Plus Mike will have his generator = leccy to power clippers!

:thumb:

Sloth
15-03-09, 12:17 AM
i cant wait, im not with you guys sadly, ive organised another stand, so im with vaux-extreme, but please pop over and say hello!!! my cav is going to be there so thats as good a reason as any!!!! and ill be the pissed one in a coppers hat sayin hello at 11pm....

Spudly
15-03-09, 12:23 AM
sayin hello at 11pm....

Wow youre still gonna have the power of speech at 11pm lol

Sloth
15-03-09, 12:34 AM
mate, im well pissed now and still typing...

Spudly
15-03-09, 12:50 AM
mate, im well pissed now and still typing...

Yeah but you wont have a keyboard at PV so you will be like a fish out of water lol

Sloth
15-03-09, 12:58 AM
psh, ill be fine, im a good giggle pissed...

kelbelle
15-03-09, 08:42 PM
OK so I haveread all off this and feeling a bit happier. Considering staying for just the saturday night as most people are doing.

Lynz - That is exactly why i needed a girls perspective. Would never have thought of leave in shampoo :D

Think I might live of crisps and biscuit and **** for the 2 days then lol

As for pooing, I think ill hold it lol

CoolTiger
15-03-09, 08:51 PM
You dont have to come for the whole weekend.
Tickets are available for full weekend £25.00 or Sunday only at £15.00 but tbh the full weekend is the best bet (IMO).

Saturday is track day - just taking it easy, clean your car, watch the drag strip and play on the fair ground.

Sunday is the main event - stands, shows, stalls, exhibitions and so on as well as the strip and the full on drag strip racers (Santa Pod's jet car)

Imagine a music festival but without the music - well I say that - there is lots of music - usually the prodigy blaring out of some knackered transit at 2am!

lol

If you dont want to sleep at Santa Pod you can choose the quieter option at Billing Aquadrome or a local hotel.

Ti's an experience and like marmite - you'll either love it or hate it!

And you need to be a club member to attend unless your'e a guest of a club member...

you what you what

Jack
15-03-09, 08:56 PM
i.e. Tickets via PNG are available only to PNG club members

General Baxter
15-03-09, 09:02 PM
got to remember tho, 3 days is better lol

instead of getting up early sat driving down, you can have a lying now till about midday on the sat, as you come down about 5ish Friday :)

i drank about 15 ltrs of water last time, no sun cream apart from what (well it was ether lynz or jack's ex rubbed into me) lol

Benn
15-03-09, 09:03 PM
Think I might live of crisps and biscuit and **** for the 2 days then lol

As for pooing, I think ill hold it lol

Like a said, dont eat for a few days..lol its easier. And mmmm Jammy dodgers.

General Baxter
15-03-09, 09:05 PM
Like a said, dont eat for a few days..lol its easier. And mmmm Jammy dodgers.

i just had a massive one when i got home

home at 5pm. i was in bed at 6 lol

andrew1988
15-03-09, 09:06 PM
How welcome are corsa b's on png stand lol?

General Baxter
15-03-09, 09:08 PM
nope

Mike
15-03-09, 09:13 PM
Ade - For the national day my generator will be coming along, may bring the microwave again but definetly bringing a kettle!!!

Jack - May be tempted to stop the sat night with Hayley TBH. Just depends on what silly hours im working at the time :( definetly NOT bringing a generator to PV tho!!!

andrew1988
15-03-09, 09:15 PM
bugger. i can put nova badges on it if that helps?

Where does everyone camp? Only been on the sunday before

Jack
15-03-09, 09:17 PM
i drank about 15 ltrs of water last time, no sun cream apart from what (well it was ether lynz or jack's ex rubbed into me) lol
Think that was mine. She kept trying to rub everyone :roll:

I do have an amusing pic of Dar somewhere lol

Mike, I'll kidnap you if you don't come lol

Benn
15-03-09, 09:18 PM
Where does everyone camp? Only been on the sunday before

Any bit of dry grass.

Mike
15-03-09, 09:20 PM
Jack, you coming to the national day? I should be attending that in the Norsa Van I think.

Jack
15-03-09, 09:21 PM
I'll be there :D

....once I purchase tickets LOL

Mike
15-03-09, 09:23 PM
....once I purchase tickets LOL

Same here lol no BBQ food for me there lol microwave curries & pizza's in a field of bemused on lookers at 5pm is a priceless sight lol lol

Spudly
15-03-09, 09:52 PM
Can i bring some microwave meals and borrow your services then please mr mike:thumb:

dj_wudgey
15-03-09, 10:00 PM
How welcome are corsa b's on png stand lol?

not very lol

Sloth
15-03-09, 10:15 PM
Can i bring some microwave meals and borrow your services then please mr mike:thumb:

spud you dirty git!!! using his microwaves ok i guess, but asking for his "services"? tut tutlol

Lynsey
15-03-09, 10:45 PM

You'd remember me if I were to rub sun cream into your back/ shoulders/ neck. *say my name bitch* lol

Benn
15-03-09, 10:46 PM
lol ^

Jack
15-03-09, 11:36 PM
I do have an amusing pic of Dar somewhere lol
WIN

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Misc/2008_06080010.jpg

ade
15-03-09, 11:59 PM
/\ lol - the rest is in his mouth - does he spit or swallow? hes chewing it over...

If Mikes bringing the genny I'm bringing a micro curry and other NASA food!

dj_wudgey
16-03-09, 11:41 AM
spud you dirty git!!! using his microwaves ok i guess, but asking for his "services"? tut tutlol

some ones being dirty eh lol

kelbelle
16-03-09, 08:55 PM
OK So i think I ahve decided Im coming but we only camping for the Saturday night not both nights :D

ade
17-03-09, 12:35 AM
OK So i think I ahve decided Im coming but we only camping for the Saturday night not both nights :D

YOU WOOS!

2 nights or GTF!

lol

You need to prove yourself as A HARDCORE PNG'er...

If youre REALLy lucky Nik might let you sit in his deck chair!!!

:thumb::cool:

Spudly
17-03-09, 12:36 AM
If youre REALLy lucky Nik might let you sit in his deck chair!!!

:thumb::cool:

I shall be there for both nights and ive got a spare SR seat to park my ass in lol

ade
17-03-09, 12:39 AM
I shall be there for both nights and ive got a spare SR seat to park my ass in lol

OOOH - is it a grey check cloth one by any chance? Need some spare material!

lol

Spudly
17-03-09, 12:41 AM
Grey/blue mk2 passenger side one mate:thumb:

Ernie
17-03-09, 07:20 AM
ive still not decided yet weather to do the hole weekend or just the sat night.
It all depends weather carla wants to come or not.Its not that she cant ruff it for a weekend it's just that she got pee'd off last year with all the drunk ****s driving around and playing loud music all night.
I can sleep through anything so it didnt bother me lol.

joeSRI
17-03-09, 10:35 AM
I dont know how u hold poo in for 2 days! lol

kelbelle
17-03-09, 11:41 AM
I dont lol
Poo on Saturday morning and then again on sunday evening
Shimples

Lynsey
17-03-09, 06:19 PM
Sometimes I don't poo for almost a week... Or so they think lol

Sloth
17-03-09, 06:48 PM
ladies have banging dumps like we do, the receptionist at my old work blocked the lav each week, dirty moo....

Spudly
17-03-09, 06:49 PM
You best be doing the friday aswell chris:thumb:

Go on you know you wanna lol

Gashgusher
17-03-09, 07:01 PM
womens toilet habits are strange, in 6 years ive never heard/smelt any farts from my gf, and ive only noticed shes gone for a poo twice lol

Lee
17-03-09, 07:10 PM
lol - Lees still smoke free (was gonna say fag free but that's not right for such a big mincer!)

I think we should do it at the National Day which is a couple of weeks before hand - that way he'll have a little bit of stubble to protect him from the heat!

Plus Mike will have his generator = leccy to power clippers!

:thumb:

erm....... errr...... Im afraid ive had a tad of a relapse due to mahoosive stress levels so Lukes hair is safe :(

Lee
17-03-09, 07:12 PM
she got pee'd off last year with all the drunk ****s

oh the irony lol

Spudly
17-03-09, 07:14 PM
Aww no lee, i hope youve not fully started again?

Its alright to have the odd one or two every now and then ya know bud, i just hope you aint started again though!

Lynsey
17-03-09, 07:18 PM
Lee- If you stop smoking, I'll smoke you ;)

*In my dreams*

Spudly
17-03-09, 07:19 PM
Wow theres an offer you shouldnt be refusing bud:thumb:

Sloth
17-03-09, 07:23 PM
lol go lee!!!!!!!

Lee
17-03-09, 07:24 PM
Im hoping it a minor relapse, ive just had a lot on my plate and ive always had cigs to help me cope with it so my will power got up and went lol. With a bit of luck there is light at ther end of the tunnel and we're on the up, but at the mo its a slog!

Lee- If you stop smoking, I'll smoke you ;)

You're going to stick my feet in your mouth and set fire to my hair!!?!??

Mike
17-03-09, 07:27 PM
Naughty Lee!!!

Lynsey
17-03-09, 07:29 PM
You having a hard time? Hope things are looking up for you soon.

Spudly
17-03-09, 07:53 PM
Thats understandable tbh lee, hope the tunnel aint too long and youre back out in the light soon bud:thumb:

Stuart
17-03-09, 08:41 PM
big hug to gay lee

ade
17-03-09, 08:51 PM
man - I was looking forward to shaving Burgo!

Big up nuff rrrrrespec' to Lee though for managing to quit for feckin ages!

ade
17-03-09, 08:52 PM
Also if anyone has probs sleeping I recommend Ear plugs - theyre brilliant and cost about £1 for a few sets!

Stuart
17-03-09, 09:00 PM
I'll actually donate to chraideeeee if Burgo still gets shaved (Lee or Burgos choice, but not cancer research UK as they are cnuts imho)

Dar
17-03-09, 09:08 PM
Lee's stress levels will be tumbling now he is near the calming effect of Dar.