PDA

View Full Version : spongy brake pedal

kieran jackson
13-03-09, 05:52 AM
just wondering if anyone can help me, basically my brake pedal is s**t its all spongy with loads of travel then when the pedal is near enough to the floor they work, ive got 2.0ltr astra brakes and just had the handbrake cable and shoes done, its all been bled through properly aswell. so am a bit confused.

stuartyj21
13-03-09, 07:15 AM
bleed you brake system and see if that helps, if not you might have a small leek in your brakeline somewhere...

kieran jackson
13-03-09, 01:05 PM
bled them through again and checked all brake pipes and flexi hoses, cant find a trace of brake fluid on them, now just wondering if its worth changing the servo?

AlexW
13-03-09, 01:23 PM
Servo wont affect the travel! It just helps you push the pedal.

You can adjust a nut on the pedal setup (iirc its right off the brake pedal) Have a search for threads on here. This has come up MANY times!

kieran jackson
13-03-09, 01:33 PM
thanks for the comments will have a look for some of the other threads.

Rich
13-03-09, 07:20 PM
You will want to make sure the rear brake cylinders arent leaking as well if you havent already. Make sure they are adjusted properly

jakeyboy
13-03-09, 08:02 PM
also check the seals at the bottom of the servo

Mark Sparks
13-03-09, 09:36 PM
Clamp all the brake hoses see if that gives you a better brake. if so remove one at a time to see what corner has the problem. if clamping them of doont help the problem will be the master cylinder. i had the same prob but you cant clmp of braided hoses. hope this helps.