PDA

View Full Version : Rally Cross Kit

red_devil
07-01-03, 09:06 AM
I've just placed an order for the Magnum Motorsports Rally X kit and i'm hoping it will allow some massive rims to be fitted under and still have a large drop on the suspension.

I looks sh*t when you use rally cross theme colours cos there all mixed but it's gonna be in Subaru Impressa Blue.

What ya think???

MC FARMER_D
07-01-03, 06:17 PM
go for it m8 it sounds fat, im just startin mine, i wanna get a green respray fast an furous style but i got a budget... know NEwhere? :2gunfire:

Anton
07-01-03, 06:19 PM
ne 1 got any pics of this kit?

Chris S
07-01-03, 08:38 PM
Look phat we gold 19" rims with a 90mm drop. speak to coil spings. its in Sheff but i dont know where and i don't konw number. Some one on ere will. They make springs to a drop what you specify. If its too high send them back and they'll drop em even more. :twisted:

?Marty?
07-01-03, 11:09 PM
Anton - it's just basically a wide arch kit. Almost the same as all the others really, just the bumpers that are v.slightly different. Originally made by Prima (correct me if i'm wrong). You can buy it through m.a.t.r.i.x. Designs, or something very similar. Usually advertise in Redline.

jon_boy
08-01-03, 03:47 PM
www.magnummotorsport.co.uk for a piccy. i think it looks alrite and am going the wide arch way myself mate. just to warn u though, these kinda kits appear to be for the real enthusiast and dont expect it to go straight on. takes some effort. i think they look great tho so well worth it. and like you say very practial. 60mm drop 17 with wide suspension is well on the way! ha ha ha. mwu ah ha

brian
09-01-03, 07:32 PM
jon,if you want to fit 17's and drop it a lot its not as straight forward as that if you use the wide track suspension.

Technically if you fit the wide suspension and wide arches it's done to give a wider track but this setup isn't designed for big rims with a big drop.
A Nova rallycar/rallycross car will either have 15's or less or -as one i know of- will have 18's but not very low.

What im tryin to say is, your suspension will end up pushed out the same as the arch and you might still have to use an offset like standard or close to it.
You might still end up with the rear wheels catching!

Then if you don't use the wide track sus' you might find an offset wheel that fills the arch on its own and in this case you would be able for a big drop with a big rim.

With my own wide arch i fitted 16" Super T's (honda offset) and i had to cut the arches and bring them out further than they were to clear fully.
It's easy when the arches are fibreglass!!!
A 49mm offset wheel was just perfect on mine before i brough the arches out more.

Hope this makes sence jon :roll: I m only explainin it cos i know yer at the car and it might help.

red_devil
12-01-03, 11:34 AM
I'm keeping the standard suspension track and for now i'm keeping the 16"s but spacing them out until i can get some 17's or 18's.... now i'm only dropped 40mm so should i drop it 90mm-120mm with 16"s or leave it at 40 and try save for some 18"s?????

My kit is coming either monday or tuesday so by wednesday i will be carless.....(sh*t) but it will all be worth it in a few weeks with the motor back in true style.

jon_boy
12-01-03, 12:15 PM
cheers brian. im only thinking about the wide track suspension as an idea at the mo. i can tdecide what to do really. i much prefer the look of the 17's and to be fair they are wide enoughto fill the arches quite nicely even the wide ones. but i might get some 15's purely because i want to start racing it properly. in which case i may also get the wide track as it would then fit with the arches. so undecided!!!

brian
12-01-03, 04:53 PM
red_devil, drop it 60mm and fit 17's. muck around with offsets and you will fill the arch nicely

jon_boy
12-01-03, 09:15 PM
yours is the dark blue nova with the wide arches in the gallery isnt it brian? looks sweet. you thinkin of racing it then or has all the work been done for fast road/ track day kinda things? i dont know the offset of my wheels but they do stick out a fair way. with standard arches, the rear wheel poke past the rear arch by about 2 inches. thats with the standard arch tho. i think the wheels came off a bmw but they go on my nova so doesnt bother me. TSW hockenheim R's i think they are called..

?Marty?
13-01-03, 09:28 AM
The offset will be stamped on the actual wheel itself. Look on the inside edge/spokes at the rear.

jon_boy
13-01-03, 05:49 PM
now ya see marty, i thought that but dont seem to be avle to find it. so i may try and measure it myself. or just jam em on and see wot happens cos they look nice.

?Marty?
13-01-03, 10:50 PM
Fair enough! There was so much shit stamped on the back of my wheels, that i only knew the 45 (mm) was my offset because i knew what offset the wheels were. :lol:

jon_boy
14-01-03, 08:19 AM
i spose if i look for random numbers around that i might find it. ive been looking for et summin. ah well. they go on neway. just wont fit under the arches when i take the jack away. hence i got a wide arch kit goin on. :D

brian
16-01-03, 12:46 PM
ya jon. thats mine in the gallery alright.
from this sat its off the road. 2l engine/wheels/bootlid are sold and the car is gonna be prep'd for rallying!! :twisted:
I have to start at my next road going one too!

jon_boy
16-01-03, 03:15 PM
sweet as. what iengine you gonna put in it then?

brian
17-01-03, 02:53 PM
1600 8v. don't know what the regs are over there but here thats the max size engine for starting.

jon_boy
17-01-03, 02:58 PM
sounds like its gonna be sweet mate. im basically doin the same wiht my car. cept i might not rally it and just have it for the orad/occasioanl race therefore ive got no restrictions on the engine. might get a corsa gsi engine and put a big turbo on it. the 16v one that is. just lookin at options though. to be fair the insurance would kill me, so it may be a few years..